Stop attacking people who play in Standard

"
Kastmar wrote:
"
lorem331 wrote:
There are some of us who enjoy playing in Standard, there are those who enjoy only temp leagues, and there are also those who enjoy both.
To each his own, every player has the right to enjoy the game in his own way.

However, no one has the right to attack or make sarcastic remarks on a player's choice of league.
I notice that it is almost always those temp-league-only players who somehow feel that they are superior to standard players, and make remarks like 'dumpster league' to provoke the latter.

This kind of silly behaviour needs to stop.
If someone posts a thread discussing about issues concerning standard, and if you have nothing valuable to contribute other than saying 'dumpster league problems', then you should not post at all.
Agreed. I consider dumb people who plays leagues. Starting again and again from scratch I found idiotic.

for different folks

cuz the world dont move to the beat of just on drum

what might be right for you

may not be right for some
I dont see any any key!
Ok we get it, just let this thread die already.
"
Hades1983 wrote:
Ok we get it, just let this thread die already.

I'm not ready to say goodbye yet... :(

I think I may speak for all the temp scrub community when I say, we must defend the dumplings. Who else will play with all that legacy gear we farmed?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
The tendency to disown others. Part of the human condition I think. If we look at ourselves from a bigger perspective, we can go from us and them, to me and we.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
OP is my hero.

There's an old maori saying. It goes "real men play standard" xD

You can't believe how broken the economy is, all the non responding, Abyss playing sellers.

You need to whisper 100 to get 1 to respond.

but standard is still my favorite league.

As I understand it, the original argument was less about "Standard is great and temp leagues suck" and more about "Please stop telling me to STFUGTFO whenever I try to post something about how balance in Standard league is off. Standard is a place people play; calling it 'dumpster league' or 'graveyard league' and insisting nothing in it matters is insulting and unnecessary. Standard players would like balance too'.

That is a reasonable argument to make. Standard will never be as sharply balanced as a temp league, but I can attest that I just do not have the energy to do a brand new temp league, with an utterly agonizing "Fresh New Temp League No-Currency Start", every three friggin' months. I generally seem to play one in three temp leagues and spend the intervening time in Standard playing characters I've grown attached to and enjoying the spoils of my previous play.

I very, very sincerely doubt I'm alone in mixing between both league and standard play.

Asking that Grinding Gear keep half an eye on what Standard is doing and monitor the health of their base, always-there, most reliable league is not an impossible or unreasonable thing. Asking that people stop poo-pooing Standard players who express opinions relating to Standard league is not an impossible or unreasonable thing. Nobody's saying "STOP TEMP LEAGUEING". They're saying "we have opinions and ideas too. Stop telling us we don't."

Is it useless because this is GD and GD is a cesspool of bitterness, nerdrage, rampant Better-Thanism, and all those other saucy troubles that occur in every single video game GD board on every single official video game discussion website in the History of Mankind? Yes.

Doesn't mean folks aren't going to say their piece. Just...temper your expectations, OP. The ability to belittle and dismiss other folks' opinions for not being identical to their own is one a lot of folks hold as their God-given right and duty, and not simply as it concerns our little zombie-infested bloodsmeared corner of the Intarwebs.
I have come to the understanding that people will always have different bias and opinion.
When I remember that, I can let go of judgement and respect other peoples choices, even if they are in opposition or contradict my own. Perhaps this is a part of growing up.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Ye stop attacking people, stop it already i say!
Can I curse them?

I don't like the thought police vibes.

And it IS a dumpster league, all the crazy non-balanced shit gets literally dumped there, by design.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Can I curse them?

I don't like the thought police vibes.

And it IS a dumpster league, all the crazy non-balanced shit gets literally dumped there, by design.

The balance is out of order in Standard, because GGG decided to make it the trash bin of the game. Exactly like Turbo stated above, this is where all the imbalanced (read: legacy) gear can be found, forever preserved in their imbalanced state. Also, if you can get 36/40 and an immensely powerful character in 3 months, starting from nothing in a temp league as a casual player, you can do it in half that time on standard. So then what? You're done with the game? What do you do? What's your goal?

Temp leagues are the only reason I've had continued interest in the game for over 5 years now. If they didn't exist, I'd have been gone a long time ago. Sure, I could delete all my stuff and characters to imitate the same effect as a temp league, but that's hardly the same. Furthermore, the rewards for doing temp leagues are also a nice goal to try for and will last forever on your account.

Once you learn the game and have played over 100 different builds, temp leagues spice things up in an otherwise bland experience.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info