150 points map tab bollocks BONUS: Fragment tab is 75 points, totaling at 22,5$!

"
raics wrote:
IYou can play like that as long as you know what you're doing and it's free so they technically aren't lying, but if you want to make yourself comfortable it's gonna cost you. It's like a free concert or a sports match, I suppose, general admission is free but the vip box isn't.

Yes, but you cannot say that you are not at a significant competitive disadvantage compared to others if you do not have extra tabs.

- Trading is much faster with premium tabs
- The amount of things that are worth keeping (currency, maps, essences, divination cards, items) is growing larger and larger
- The new atlas mechanics requires you to have specific maps if you want to get to fight the Elder

You will have to leave things on the ground with 4 tabs that you would need later.

On the free scale from "pay4looks" over "pay4convenience" and "pay4competitiveadvantage" to "pay2win" the game is moving further and further to the latter. You can hardly deny that.

EDIT: BTW, this is not really a problem of the map tab though. It is a problem mostly of the atlas mechanics. The map tab isn't actually that great.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Dec 13, 2017, 8:50:54 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
Yes, but you cannot say that you are not at a significant competitive disadvantage compared to others if you do not have extra tabs.

And I'm not saying it, the post goes 'for a casual player'. Which is probably fine, if you're serious about the game and wan to compete you should invest a few bucks.

Even if it's 'pay2compete', a casual player still won't win either way. The game isn't 'pay2win' because a casual won't instantly win if he pays like in some other games.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 13, 2017, 9:00:22 AM
You are all missing the point! The game is Free to Play, It is possible to do anything in it w/o spending a dime of real money. No where does it state that non supporting players will have access to all the qol features and shiny pixels that others have. If you honestly play a game for the hundreds of hours you are bitching about to collect that amount of stuff and are unwilling to support the development of that game you are a leech. GGG idea and business model is to let people experience the full version of the game to ENTICE them into supporting it. There are MANY MANY ways around having to spend money for the qol improvements to play the game and as far as everyone bitching about stash space DEAL with it or create mule account(s). Ohh it takes you 5 minutes to transfer stuff from player a to player b THAT IS WHY IT IS A QOL improvement and NOT a p2win. Does it slow you down yes! But so does playing on a shitty connection or with a potato for a computer, do you also expect ggg to give unlimited servers, pay for your isp and give you a brand new i7? Some of you bitching about this really do think thats the case. There is no Inherent benefit on the non mtx account versus the maxed mtx account in terms of your individual characters ability to KIll any content in the game. THERE is a HUGE difference in the ability to have 1 character versus 10, But the exact same thing could be accomplished with 10 accounts which is NOT against the tos in any way. Heck they even let you run 2 instances at the same time so you can transfer stuff, You just can't have 1 set of controls controlling both toons.

So in summation: stop being a bunch of self entitled brats who think that the world owes you every and anything you want and look at things from an objective reasonable perspective. You will be a much happier individual in the long run.
This was the best $15 I have spent in the game. I cleared 5 tabs, and it will save me countless more, and time organizing. This is easily the best tab in the game.

THANKS, GGG!!!!
I dont see any any key!
"
Deliverme wrote:
This was the best $15 I have spent in the game. I cleared 5 tabs, and it will save me countless more, and time organizing. This is easily the best tab in the game.

THANKS, GGG!!!!

Seems like you bought currency tab to early in your poe experience, because thats truly the best tab in the game.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:
I would never, ever, under any circumstances, given I keep my sanity, consider playing the game without all the extra tabs.

It is like going on vacation to a remote paradise half across the world, on cayak, no paddle included, just hands.
It can be done. F2P vacations.
I rather take a plane.

That's the whole point. They offer it for free, you don't have to pay. It's ridiculous to expect a full holiday for free in your words. This is not a problem with GGG being greedy. The issue is with your expectations.

These people at GGG like to get paid every month as well you know, just like you and me do. This is their job. You don't blame the guy behind the counter at the cinema for charging you for food and drinks, do you? Of course he does, that's how they make money. You don't NEED the drinks or food, but it's nice, right? It's the right way to make money too, based on needs rather than forcing it down your throat like some other games do.

No, there is still not understanding between us.
The point is (to stay in my hyperbole) that in case there would be a company offering FREE vacations on remote paradise island (still NOTHING to do with my expectations), but providing you only with a cayac and no paddles, while also selling a plane to take you there... is it still ethical free vacation?

It all boils down to the label on the can. I don;t mind, I give them money regularly, but they should in my opinion stop using that "ethical" label, because stash tabs are in my opinion way past that threshold.

And my second bet - they get more money out of stashes than from anything else. Reason is simple. Realistically, the game very quickly outgrows 4 tabs. Cayac with no paddles.
"
Perq wrote:

Add stash tabs for f2p players already. You are adding so many special tabs that it is harder and harder that you are offering no advantage for paying players.

Well im sorry but i know this is never gonna happen for the simple fact even us who support the game and buy the tabs are forced to buy them in multiples if we played for years.. (Ok maybe not forced but if you play so long you have amassed a shit ton in Standard and dont want to just get rid of it all you do what you have to do) And one could argue you get access to way too many free tabs in the form of remove only storage as well as being able to make unlimited accounts to solve this issue for FREE if you are so cheap.. Thats what im waiting on now is something to be done about that next with all the storage options available. If you play the game enough that 4 tabs isn't enough anymore.. Maybe that means you enjoy your time in game meaning it might also be time to throw a bit of money at it for the QOL.. Or dont keep your money and deal with the storage issue. It is after all a way the game makes it revenue. Free Content, Free New shit all the time, There's already so much shit given for free i have a hard time seeing an excuse not to spend $15-$20 on a game that you get WAY fucking more than you will ever get out of most AAA titles that cost $60... Thats not counting we seen what? 5.. 6 Expansion's that a AAA dev would have easily milked us for an additional $30-$40 each with no choice but to do so or be locked out of content..

So sorry no sympathy for people enjoying the game enough to need more storage but demand it for free.. Buy your QOL like the rest of us or deal with it the cheapskate way.. Make multiple accounts, Abuse Remove only tabs, (That BTW if they are Premium you can STILL fucking trade out off..) And consolidate and limit your storage.. Or... just buy a fucking tab and stop! cut the shit.. Or quit the game your willing to put tons of time into but not even a fraction of the money you would for a fraction of that time you would have in a AAA game for $60.. That you pay for upfront that might SUCK!! Or even worse you only end up with 4 hours of enjoyment out of..

You hurt no one but yourself by being so fucking cheap you cant even buy a few tabs to make shit easier that only becomes an issue once you have played more than long enough to more than justify the measly $15-$20 MAX you need to spend to ease up on that issue. The one thing that people need the more they play this game is stash space weather thats by design (Which it probably is i wont argue that) or because the game has just ended up this way naturally which is some of it as well... Again this only becomes an issue once your mapping anyway and by that point again thats enough fun and time invested to more than justify spending $10-$20.. and if its not thats your problem not GGGs...

Hell if your so tight with your money they have sales making the shit even cheaper every few weeks take advantage of those and save money on the tiny amount you pay for them in the first place again ive NEVER played a game as much that i paid $60 UPFRONT for before i knew if it was good or knew if i would even like it.. at least you get the chance to walk away and pay nothing if you dont like it.. used to that was NEVER an option..

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 13, 2017, 10:30:41 AM
Oh hey, i've only played this game since day 1 of open beta, spending 30 bucks over 4 years is brutal...
Definitely buying map tab as i go from 4 down to 2 tabs, still need 1 for fragments, vessel and such. Just gotta wait a few days to see it stabilize and becoming bug free.

I wish however that new players/accounts would start with 6 or 8 normal tabs.
People who enjoy the game would still likely buy upgrades as of premium and currency tab. The game has progressed so far since the early days where loot didnt explode in your face so it seems like a good time for some change. And its not like GGG will go bankrupt from making 6 tabs the new standard.

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
Char1983 wrote:
On the free scale from "pay4looks" over "pay4convenience" and "pay4competitiveadvantage" to "pay2win" the game is moving further and further to the latter. You can hardly deny that.

couldnt have said it better myself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info