Why do people prefer Elder Influence over Shaper Influence?

I'm about to hit maps and was wondering why everyone seems to prefer mapping so that Elder influence takes over their Atlas.
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2017, 2:00:21 AM
Because fighting the Elder and his Guardians requires you to let him take over the atlas. Fighting the Shaper and his guardians has nothing to do with his atlas influence.
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
Because fighting the Elder and his Guardians requires you to let him take over the atlas. Fighting the Shaper and his guardians has nothing to do with his atlas influence.

Ahh, righto. Thanks for that. Appreciate it!

and part of the challenges.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
There is no mechanic for team shaper besides shaper loot.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
This is honestly kind of poorly designed. There is little to no reason outside of shaper items to assist the shaper control the atlas. Elder items, elder guardians, league challenges, and shaped maps are all tied to Elder control...

More incentive needs to be introduced to having shaper control the map.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Dec 12, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
Keep picking off the Shaper influence and you'll get Shaper items. All while the elder grows, then once the elder and guardians pop up, you kill them and get Elder items. Then go back to clearing Shaper, then Elder, then Shaper, etc.

This is if you want the guardians+elder. Otherwise just do whatever. =P
Right now the elder items so very underpowered.

Can anyone remember how game shattering starforge and dying sun were when first released?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The elder items have SUCH DOGSHIT drawbacks too like what the fuck is this shit LOL like you go to shaper and there's literally no drawbacks to any of them they're badass you go to elder gear and it's all dogshit doo doo

Getting my challenges and never having that hentai tentacle fuck with me again.

AND his fucking encounter is annoying as fuck like I don't know if some of you have done it yet but this mother fucker is doing stop slow shit chrono trigger time whatever the fuck smashing me I'm like mother fucker STAY IN ONE PLACE YOU DOUCHE.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 13, 2017, 12:02:08 AM
"

Getting my challenges and never having that hentai tentacle fuck with me again.

AND his fucking encounter is annoying as fuck like I don't know if some of you have done it yet but this mother fucker is doing stop slow shit chrono trigger time whatever the fuck smashing me I'm like mother fucker STAY IN ONE PLACE YOU DOUCHE.

well said lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info