Volatile Dead on totem does not work on Kitava first encounter

Actual:
Volatile Dead on spell totem does not work on Kitava first encounter when used with Desecrate with second totem. It also fails to spawn sometimes during normal encounters when on spell totem. It has to be spawn a second time to activate and detonate corpses.

Expected:
The player should be able to use a spell totem with volatile dead to complete any mission that has corpses around. At Kitava's first encounter, on the Cathedral rooftop, volatile dead does not spawn orbs from corpses or detonates dead from the Desecrate skill

Steps to reproduce:
1. Place point in Ancestral Bond in skill tree
2. Advance in game progression until reaching the Cathedral Rooftop in act 5.
3. Enter the area where Kitava is
4. Spawn corpses with Desecrate on spell totem
5. Place second totem with Volatile Dead
6. Notice Volatile Dead does not work / activate

https://youtu.be/tbV0gBNVegM
Last edited by Lord_Harkonnen on Dec 12, 2017, 5:01:20 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 12:06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is probably because totems are fucking terrible.

I think in this case 'aim at' monsters, and in this case kitava's "centre" is in the middle of nowhere. Have you tried manually (not totem) place corpses as close to kitava's centre as possible? It may not work still but worth a try, but it should work as i saw in video the first batch of corpses was able to be cast. After that it no longer cast because you deleted your desecrate totem by placing too many vd totems. Desecrate may have also been suffering from same problem as below:

There has been lots of issues about the AI of totems because they seem to act as targeting directly over the centre of enemy always, even when your aoe is clearly large enough that you should target the corpse and it will still hit the monster, they won't blow up the corpse until an enemy gets close enough (way closer than required) to the corpse.

I think this is a problem with offensive skills, I have used bone offering totems just to clear corpses when I'm afraid of vaal dd and they target corpses fine without monsters. Hopefully totems using offensive skills like DD and volatile dead should act like this more, targeting monsters but also not afraid to target just corpses especially if there are monsters closer to certain corpses.

For kitava fight specifically, the fucking ledge is just too far from kitava. The entire fight and location is just terrible

If nothing else they could just increase the 'seeking radius' of corpses vs target location.

Worst part about this is on 3.0 release you could actually target the area kitava was centered on if you target kitava himself. it looked a bit silly with the flameblasts and firestorms floating in the area kitava is, but it may have fixed this problem...
Thanks for the hint! I took the spell totem out for volatile dead and it went good with Kitava, but still, the mechanics of volatile dead on totems is still lacking. Sometimes the totems just sits there, surrounded by monsters and doesn't spawn anything...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info