Anyone from Seoul or been there?

I need help on a perfume brief. "Shadow of Seoul".

Most of you do not know that I am a part time perfumer. I have more than a thousand different aroma molecules at home and create scents, mostly brespoke, sometimes for other purposes.

Anyway, I have not been all that active in the last few years in my endeavors due to personal tragedies which made me disgusted with many scents (I did, in fact, have a curious problem due to trauma where many things smelled like dead bodies). I am taking a class in French mostly unfortunately and an exercise is to create a perfume brief (which if you don't know what it is google it).

Can someone tell me what your impressions were? Did you travel at all to the outskirts? What sort of natural things did you smell? Also unnatural (factories, etc). I am not just interested in plants and flowers. I have never been there.

Thank you in advance!
Censored.
Last bumped on Dec 21, 2017, 4:18:17 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Most of you do not know that I am a part time perfumer. I have more than a thousand different aroma molecules at home and create scents, mostly brespoke, sometimes for other purposes.

Sorry I can't really contribute here, not much of a traveler.

Just wanted to say that's very interesting. It also makes me wonder how you got much of anything accomplished as a smoker, since smokers do have an 'altered' sense of smell. I bet you get better at it once you've fully gotten your sense of smell back after quitting smoking.
(hope that's still working out for you btw)

What intrigues me the most though is what kind of trauma can one go through that makes many things smell like corpses? That sounds absolutely horrendous. :/
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
@kolyaboo

To be honest it wasn't much different from any other city in Korea. Some sections of the city will smell like exhaust and other city smells, near the water there are markets that smell like you are walking by the fish section in a grocery store, other parts smelled of yummy food from the stalls on the streets, and some parts smelt like complete doggy poo, especially around the parts where they cages the dogs for slaughter. The overall air was pretty thick but once you got to the outskirts and away from the city life, the air cleared up (wasn't like smoggy or anything but a noticeable difference in the air) and smelled really fresh.

I know this is a few days after you posted but I hope it helps haha
Sorry, I forgot about this thread, so thank you for suggestions!

I went on to just forget about it and did Ancient Rome instead since no one knows about that anyway. You can just use your imagination and historical knowledge and common sense.

Shovelcut, the funny thing is if you google pics of perfumerers they all smoke. Crazy yes? Everyone I have ever met smokes and I'm talking heavy too. It is changing due to dangers of smoking etc. but they smoke more than I ever did!

One of my idols and a friend now I'm honored to say, no longer smokes but did for years. After I quit I had to re evaluate a lot molecules but there are not huge difference. Differences are subtle but obviously nothing is unimportant.

Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info