[3.1 SC] Poet Shakespear's CoC Guide

I'm a big fan of Flicker Strike, so when I saw the video of how this build works, I had to immediately try it out.

It took me 2 days to cough up 90 Chaos Orbs for the wands.

Was it worth it?

Hooooo boi, you have no idea. This build overshadows FS in every way! It has the insane clear speed, you can use it as early as lv 12, it's high life, not that dumb CI/ES tish, and it doesn't suffer from desync at all! Best 90 chaos ever spent!

Dude I don't know how you came up with this stuff but THANK YOU SO MUCH :D
"
sqvirel wrote:
I'm a big fan of Flicker Strike, so when I saw the video of how this build works, I had to immediately try it out.

It took me 2 days to cough up 90 Chaos Orbs for the wands.

Was it worth it?

Hooooo boi, you have no idea. This build overshadows FS in every way! It has the insane clear speed, you can use it as early as lv 12, it's high life, not that dumb CI/ES tish, and it doesn't suffer from desync at all! Best 90 chaos ever spent!

Dude I don't know how you came up with this stuff but THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Enjoy, I make builds like this every league since closed beta :)

Merry Christmas everyone!
The only drawback so far for me is that once I've hit the lv 28 (KB lv), even with 2x Praxis (-8 mana to cost of skills) the build started to snort mana pots with the speed of Charlie Sheen.

But hey, WINNING!

Merry Christmas to you too ^^
"
thrashinc wrote:
"
Trapnasty wrote:
I guess i'm still new to the game so I don't really understand this build. What ability does he use to attack with? When I throw these in my gear like he does, my character just stands there.

Kinetic Blast should be your Right Click, with Desecrate in your movement skill spot, as it can be used to prepare a boss area or to body swap (teleport) to.

Side note: If you don't care about bosses at all (I don't), you can change out the entire Cremation gem link and just use Enlighten - Herald of Thunder - Onslaught - Vaal Haste. Remove the dual curse points and put them into Charisma and another jewel slot. Change Determination to Grace. Get flat damage to spells on Abyss Jewels instead of focusing on Onslaught.

Honestly, I completely missed that he uses Kinetic Strike. I just followed the gems he has in his "gear" section which doesn't show Kinetic Strike. /facepalm.

I guess I should've wandered my eyes down to his "links and gems" section lol. Thanks for the tip!
"
sqvirel wrote:
(...) Hooooo boi, you have no idea. This build overshadows FS in every way! It has the insane clear speed, you can use it as early as lv 12, it's high life, not that dumb CI/ES tish, and it doesn't suffer from desync at all! Best 90 chaos ever spent! (...)

The biggest advantage is controllability in my opinion. Flicker Strike is a random journey, while Body Swap lets you target a corpse. This makes it so much more reliable and fun.

Also, Flicker Strike has a lot of backtracking for loot. Loot usually drops where corpses are, so there's another advantage. :)

"
sqvirel wrote:
The only drawback so far for me is that once I've hit the lv 28 (KB lv), even with 2x Praxis (-8 mana to cost of skills) the build started to snort mana pots with the speed of Charlie Sheen. (...)

Yeah, it's hard maintaining mana in the lower levels. However, once you get a few regen and leech nodes for leveling, it gets a lot more comfortable. I was able to refund them later on (~lv 50-60) though.
Last edited by fdumont on Dec 26, 2017, 2:03:10 PM
"
fdumont wrote:

Yeah, it's hard maintaining mana in the lower levels. However, once you get a few regen and leech nodes for leveling, it gets a lot more comfortable. I was able to refund them later on (~lv 50-60) though.

Actually now that I've hit lv38 I realized that the Curse on Hit + Poachers Mark resolves the mana issue (or as always I'm jumping the shark).
Haha this build actually works without Mana cost as you only need to use the default attack :)

Also for leveling use frenzy with faster attacks, will update guide I totally forgot to add this.

Will test 6l staff tomorrow, might even switch to double shimmeron for better cremation mines?
Last edited by Yagamai on Dec 26, 2017, 4:18:52 PM
Tested some fire 6 links in this:

But nothing kills faster than switching concentrated effect for bodyswap in poet pen... Difference was huge. We don't have any cast speed or the mana to use a 6 link.

So just switch bodyswap for concentrated effect and you'll pretty much melt bosses up to tier 15. For guardians / elder guardians use another character this one isn't made for that :) See my shimmeron miner guide for a great build to kill those.
"
Yagamai wrote:
Haha this build actually works without Mana cost as you only need to use the default attack :)

Wait, so I'm NOT supposed to blast everything with KB?
"
sqvirel wrote:
"
Yagamai wrote:

Wait, so I'm NOT supposed to blast everything with KB?

Not while leveling then you use frenzy with faster attacks and onslaught linked from level 1 -> 38 and switch to a kinetic blast curse on hit setup in a tabula or 5 link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info