Start selling your game and update min spec requirements.

I can't even begin to imagine how "fun" this new release is for people with a low-end computer spec.

1) remove the free2play tag from PoE, it's awfull considering the base-line computer you need to run this stuff.
2) update your min spec to a reasonable state

Just entered my first "elder" map, instant fps dump the moment i encounter the tentacles and i reckon my pc is "bad" but not awful.

I ran everything up till now at an acceptable performance state, but if you keep adding stuff that's this graphically intense on such a poor foundation i think the free2play tag is hypocritical at best to your consumers.

Your basically demanding players to out-spec the downsides of your poor foundation and then waving a
"but hiy it's free2play y'all" flag at everybody.

At the same time, you refuse to give the community functions to improve performance on their end.

All in all, the expansion is great and fun so far though balance wise you fucked up like no tomorrow. But those are issue's that can be resolved sort of.
The poor performance state of your game coupled with the constant "adding on top" attitude while not providing tools for lower-end specs to optimize their own performance is just bad all-round.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 1:33:59 AM
You should learn the meaning of free2play and minimum spec before you post things like this.
I totally agree that the performance is balls. I don't have a bad machine and I'm seeing horrible framerates. Otherwise OP, your comment is absurd. I don't think you have a clue what a free to play game is, or what minimum PC specs mean. What you're asking for is 'recommended' PC specs.
^I think both of you need to get a clue.

By advertising free2play your inviting a big portion of people with low income and low-end specs.

Then on the flip coin providing such poor optimization that people basically need to invest in high-end specs to counter that is absurd.

what's the difference between "recommended spec" and "minimum spec" when the later simulates running the game with 900 ping. A minimum spec should still provide an enjoyable game-experience.

It's hypocritical to advertise Free2play and continuously keep pushing the graphical load with every addition to the game.
Either bite the bullet and remove the free2play tag and develop the game with good spec's in mind or don't and optimize/develop with low-end specs in mind.

Whatever, enjoy your definitions of "min spec" and "free2play" while completely missing my point in regards to PoE and the development attitude.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The meaning free to play doesn't mean it is for low income people. It is simply stating you have a game that is an ARPG that is free. Free to play does not mean it has to work on low end machines nor cater to low end machines.
"
Boem wrote:
By advertising free2play your inviting a big portion of people with low income and low-end specs.

Your argument is based on an assumption that F2P is about lower-end games meant for people with less money. The reality is that people often spend *more* in F2P games. From your supporter tags alone, you already paid for a regular game many times over.

"
Boem wrote:
what's the difference between "recommended spec" and "minimum spec" when the later simulates running the game with 900 ping. A minimum spec should still provide an enjoyable game-experience.

Now this part of your OP and argument I agree with completely: performance is getting worse and worse with each release beyond 2.4.0. But the game also adds more and more eye candy after 2.0 as well. And minimum and recommended specs are FAR outdated, referencing the original release of the game. Something has to give. The specs need to be updated and the game engine's eye candy needs to be either streamlined for performance or we need to have an option to disable/change those settings.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Dec 12, 2017, 10:48:43 AM
How does you having a good or bad pc, have anything at all to do with GGG; if you choose to run the game with "minimum specs" or shit-tier pc gear, thats completely on you.

I don't think you understand what "free2play" or "minimum/suggested/recommended specs" even means here..
I can't play LoL or Hearthstone on my ZX Spectrum either :(
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
I'm running a machine I built myself back in 2012 for 400£.

I'm not having any issues what so ever running this game on fairly high settings, I mean, I usualy only lag when the server lags.

Not sure how a machine can't meet the requirements? I mean, investing 100£ on a computer every year shouldn't be an impossible task for most persons.

Not sure what kind of machine you need to run to actually have issues with this game? :p
So your theory is that F2P = People With Crap Computers? F2P = low computer specifications required?

That is absurd.

F2P is simply a different business model, not an entry level game mode for low income people with low quality computers.

A more First World Problem debate I have not seen.

Here is a corollary for you: If you have a shit computer, and decide that you only play F2P games because....I guess you have no money........you actually SAVE money with respect to playing BOUGHT games.........meaning you can save up for a better goddamn computer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info