Am I the only one who thinks shaped/elder items should be hidden from filters?

Why not just make it so that item filters can spot 5x T1 or 6x T1 rolls and we'll continue ignoring 99.9999% of the loot that drops?

I was excited for a league in which the patient were rewarded for identifying rare items, because something epic could be behind each scroll of wisdom. Nope. The filter sees. The filter knows. Long live Sonic Mode.
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 6:17:33 PM
The only way to reward the curious player, is to rewrite every single line of code in the loot system. As of now, we NEED a loot filter. With some IIR and IIQ, the screen even gets messed up with a fairly strict filter.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The player sets the bar for what is trash and what is treasure. Yours seems to be the 99.9999th percentile. They could up drop rates and that wouldn't change. They could eliminate all the "trash" and that percentile would still remain.

No matter what they do, your percentile will remain the same... because it's set by you.

You don't think anything but the best is worth dealing with, and you'll still think that no matter what changes are made.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 12, 2017, 7:36:04 AM
You know, you could make your own filter that does exactly what you want whatever filter you're currently using to do.
"
sainthazard wrote:
You know, you could make your own filter that does exactly what you want whatever filter you're currently using to do.

Nope. You can't. Filters can't filter by what mods the items have. You can't, for instance, filter out jewelry without a max implicit.
Which is exactly what someone was arguing for in another thread with the "Let's just have everything drop identified". THEN you could filter to the nth degree.

And there goes the game. The "carrot" now drops as the occasional "carrot cake", iced, packaged, and ready to eat - booooooring.
They don't drop so often to bother, but I feel you. We were all deceived by teasers, but now when we play and find those items, there's shit everywhere, like 90% of uniques and 95% of other dropping crap. If the game needs filter, that's the game fault. I think GGG should remove crap from their game, like... seriously. Don't even throw gear without life/es, just don't.

Shame that chaosing those elder/shaper items does nothing, making it even worse, leaving just cool background.
Last edited by Gosen on Dec 12, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
Check reddit if you're starting to lose hope, those 10 items posted since the league began were sure worth it

/s
Second-class poe gamer
There is an issue with loot overall, only 1% of rares are picked up and only 1% of those will ever be worth anything.

Why not improve QoL by allowing is to ctrl+click in inventory to drop an item while in a map and give us a cost/currency sink option to identify all inventory.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Holy crap, do you even play this game into maps? When you get into red maps with Sextants and stuff active, do you have any idea the flood of items that drop? It's balanced around 99.9% of them being trash unworthy to pick up - and you suddenly want us to have to pick it all up to find that one or two shaper items that drop in a map? I mean, jfc dude..... Loot filters not only exist, but have been integrated into the base game for a reason. I want to play POE to kill monsters, not play full time garbage sifter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info