Why are people so greedy at the start of the league?

I've had two incidents with trading where people were just straight out greedy and would not take back items.
Yeah of course I didn't pay attention during the trade. but still.
Just to let you know I am done with trading in this game.

It's always been fun to chat and trade with people. Getting scammed twice in a day broke the camels back for me. I am going SSF if I feel the need to play again.
So take your 20 chaos. It'll surely give you an edge in the league...
I have little patience for people ruining a game that should be fun. Even if I should have paid more attention during the trade. We are all trying to acquire currency, there's friendly ways to go about it and ways that ruin the community.
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2017, 1:06:05 AM
"
JeansJoe wrote:
I've had two incidents with trading where people were just straight out greedy and would not take back items.
Just to let you know I am done with trading in this game.

It's always been fun to chat and trade with people. Getting scammed twice in a day broke the camels back for me. I am going SSF if I feel the need to play again.
So take your 20 chaos. It'll surely give you an edge in the league...
I have little patience for people ruining a game that should be fun. Even if I should have paid more attention during the trade. We are all trying to acquire currency, there's friendly ways to go about it and ways that ruin the community.

I got once scammed for 2 chaos, I laughed it off with some friends, even if its not nice, its your duty to not throw in currency and just spam accept, there are measures built in to prevent scamming, and you were just too eager to farm that next chaos to make it matter to you. And now you come here to complain and blame the community when you got scammed by 2 wrongdoers of your own accord. You should feel ashamed.
You did this... twice? Sigh.
The community is pretty terrible. People scam all the time. You HAVE to make sure you check the item they are giving you.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Its impossible to be scammed in this game, unless you LET yourself get scammed.
"
JeansJoe wrote:

Pretty tough to sympathize when its not a scam at all.. Your saying you bought an item and then wanted your currency back and them to take the item back after the trade right? Thats what im reading here and if thats the case thats not a scam thats a mistake on your part and you can not exactly hold it against someone when they trade you something and then turn around after the trade and ask for the currency back and them to take the item back..

While sure some could be nice about it and i have run into this and have traded it back but thats me.. some people all sales are final and you cant expect people to waste their time trading and then trading back because of your mistake sorry.. Ive also only traded back with people too when they make it clear from the start they are not 100% sure they can use it but at that point we work it out.. i see what they need out of it and if it works we trade if it doesnt work for them we call it off.. Simple as that no harm done. But you come trade dont say a word then come a couple mins later wanting to trade back.. i probably wont mess with it either. Especially if ive gone back into mapping and dont have time which is the point here your wasting someones time with your mistake. Learn from it.

Pay better attention hell ive fucked up before and bought something and realize after i couldnt use it or craft what i thought.. I dont even bother asking to trade back its my fault and i have to take responsibility for my mistake and try to never repeat it. You would do well to do the same my friend.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 11, 2017, 7:12:49 PM
"
JeansJoe wrote:

This pretty clearly makes it "not a scam"
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Dec 11, 2017, 7:17:49 PM
It's not "scamming" or "greed". It's a recognized method of play. Eat, or be eaten.
you agree to a trade
you put your item in the trade window
you hover over all their items to make sure you get exactly what you want
you click accept
then you randomly decide that you want to take it all back? and when people dont want to put up with your time wasting bullshit you get mad and call them scammers? lmao
It's pretty rare for someone to try this, at least based on my experience. I find it more funny than anything.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info