Dx11 exceptions resulting in crash

patch 3.1.1, still getting these types of exceptions, either being in my hideout, or being in map
I got the Same Situation.
ign: hippowind
Crashes for me on the Channel map.
So far it works fine in town, hideout, Dungeon map, even on a Zana daily...
I have the same crashes when doing maps.
I'll try DX9 until it's resolved :(
Same problem, had to switch to DX9 and the crashes stopped.
I have the same issue, game crashes so often that it is unplayable.

It began roughly a week ago for me and go to a ridiculous level. Today it crashed like 5 times in less than an hour.

I upgraded nvidia drivers, im on 32 GB or ram windows7, intel i7 64 bit,

since I could play a lot today, I could progress a bit more by playing more, I didn't count how much time the game crashed (window freeze, or exception crash) but it's of course an impressive number of time. Hard to keep my temper like that...
I might have figured out how to work around this issue, so please try the following:

TLDR;
1. start the game
2. disable multi-threading in the options
3. CTRL+ALT+DEL to open process manager
4. In task manager right click on the game to go to process (switches to second tab)
5. Right click on the PathOfExile_x64.exe and click "set affinity"
6. On the new popup make sure you have no more than 4 cores ticked. In my case i picked last 4
7. Close task manager
8. Hopefully live long ever after

Longer desc:

It might be some race condition as i noticed it became much worse in the morning when net is fast and im not running any other apps. It is also likely they are not testing the game on cpus with 8 cores and different speeds / configs as much as most common quad cores.

So far no crash all day so i am optimistic, but if it is a race condition it may still happen the chances are just lower if you have less parallel execution.

Before setting affinity i tried other things but nothing in isolation worked until i set core affinity. I tried:
- installing latest nvidia drivers (gforce 1060 gtx) - kept crashing
- installing all pending windows updates - still crashed
- set preferences to lowest detail (fastest) - kept crashing
- disabled multi threading in the game - kept crashing
- tried directx9ex - this was dog shit, my pc crashed when game crashed. So directx9ex is not your friend

I hope this helps

Good luck exiles
That last post makes the game to crash even more, I think it's a bit dangerous to play with cpu threads.
Anyway, still some crashes with exceptions.
Bump, because it's a critical issue, and we haven't even got a reply yet. Literally prevents many of us from playing at all.

Switching to DX 9 and proper fullscreen mode with multithreading disabled made it somewhat better. Now instead of a driver crash and a black screen, it simply stops and is trembling/shaking on the last few frames (basically the game repeats the last 2-3 frames backwards and forwards like it has parkinson's).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info