Evolution, conspiracy or fact?

Evolution is a progression of species traits influenced over generations by stimulus in the external environment. This has been demonstrated by numerous studies. Two of the most commonly cited are:
Galápagos finches
Peppered moth

However. If you are talking about the uplift of humans as a sentient species? I believe there was 'some other hand' involved. I am ambivalent as to the exact nature of the external intervention, but I do not believe human sentience was a 'natural evolution' as the examples presented.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Dec 11, 2017, 5:03:33 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
cgheezey wrote:
Spoiler

fantastic image, i think i will save it and share with friends :)
bill hicks has a bit about monkeys/early man eating psychedelic mushrooms.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
Garr0t wrote:
Evolution is a progression of species traits influenced over generations by stimulus in the external environment. This has been demonstrated by numerous studies. Two of the most commonly cited are:
Galápagos finches
Peppered moth

However. If you are talking about the uplift of humans as a sentient species? I believe there was 'some other hand' involved. I am ambivalent as to the exact nature of the external intervention, but I do not believe human sentience was a 'natural evolution' as the examples presented.

Most animals are sentient.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
btw, CanHasPants, who made that image of the monkey with the mushroom?
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
faerwin wrote:

And humans are animals.

However, how is it that there was no co-evolution or advancement of other species over time, just human beings? The capacity for speech/language/writing that allows human beings to convey experience through indirect teaching is the 'uplift' I am referring to. I don't believe there is another species on the planet that does anything similar.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Dec 11, 2017, 5:36:51 PM
"
cgheezey wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
cgheezey wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

fantastic image, i think i will save it and share with friends :)
bill hicks has a bit about monkeys/early man eating psychedelic mushrooms.

Here is a short video of Paul Stamets explaining this to Joe Rogan. It’s called Stoned Ape Hypothesis, proposed by Terence McKenna.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2M71X-dspU4
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Garr0t wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

And humans are animals.

However, how is it that there was no co-evolution or advancement of other species over time, just human beings? The capacity for speech/language/writing that allows human beings to convey experience through indirect teaching is the 'uplift' I am referring to. I don't believe there is another species on the planet that does anything similar.

They were driven to extinction by our ancestors. If you look at the amount of cousins homo-sapiens have, you'll see that at a certain point in the past, we weren't the only intelligent species out there.

As for other animals, I'd say a good deal of it is due to brain size, instinctual behavior, motor agility, longevity, curiosity and population size.

There is a decent amount of intelligent animals out there such as elephants, dolphin, parrots, etc but they all lack one of those traits at the very least.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
cgheezey wrote:
btw, CanHasPants, who made that image of the monkey with the mushroom?

Sorry I missed this earlier. I dunno, Google?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Black_Paradox wrote:
Post your reasons to believe in / not believe in evolution, it can be anything from creationism to what ever you want, and please elaborate your answer if you can / want

evolution is fact, any and all counter arguments are based on religion or a persons inability to grasp the amount of time it actually takes for stuff to change (which goes in hand with religion because the world is only a few thousand years old)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Next time an antibiotics resistant bacteria will come visit the local hospital, blame evolution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info