The Tempestuous Steel ?

Shouldn't the hits can't be evaded on The Tempestuous Steel give me 100% chance to hit same as Resolute technique's hits cant be evaded?
Last edited by sfbistimg on Dec 10, 2017, 9:01:42 PM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 4:51:40 PM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
Shouldn't the hits can't be evaded on The Tempestuous Steel give me 100% chance to hit same as Resolute technique's hits cant be evaded?

No. Resolute Technique doesn't let you always hit because you can't evade, it gives it to you as well as being unable to evade.

The Tempestuous Steel gives you other benefits, rather than always hitting, that you may or may not find worth the trade-off of being unable to avoid enemy attacks.

In both cases "can't evade" is definitely a trade-off for the benefits you get, which is how things generally should be. Without a trade-off there is no reason not to just use the thing.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Dec 11, 2017, 3:46:44 PM
Slippy, what in God's name are you talking about?

Tempestuous Steel has "Hits Can't Be Evaded. It means your accuracy score and the enemy's evasion score are both nullified when you attack; your hit rate is simply listed as "YES". Or rather 100%, but I like the thought of the game saying your hit rate is 'YES'.

Tempestuous Steel has nothing to do with YOUR evasion chance. Tempestuous Steel makes you no easier to hit than any other sword. It sounds like you're confusing HCBE with Unwavering Stance, which is a bad keystone that should feel bad. Under no circumstances is stun immunity worth sacrificing my ability to Blind crap and avoid half their damage outright.

To the OP: yes. Tempestuous Steel gives you the same accuracy as a Resolute Technique character, but without eliminating your ability to critically hit. It pays for this ability by being mostly fuggin' awful as an offensive weapon, with incredibly low base DPS and a mediocre APS rating that limits its usefulness as a delivery mechanism for flat added damage. Its elemental penetration mod is very nice since flat elemental damage is about the only way you could make this thing not be awful, but still. There's a reason people use Lycosidae but not Tempestuous Steel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info