(WIP) Corpse explosion necro - detonate dead/cremation with maxblock and MoM

Introduction

Hi everyone! This is the first time i'm posting a build, although this is more of a work in progress than a fully fleshed out endgame build. I was building for something else entirely when I noticed how impressive the new detonate dead is and decided to give it a try. It might possibly be better to build this as inquisitor or elementalist, but I decided to make a necro coz of my love for bone offering and maxblock :)
The build is meant for use with the Scourge unique claws (dropped by chimera boss) and I haven't managed to get one yet but I'm surprised how well its been doing even without all that extra damage (+200% minion damage with the claw and my current tree)

Videos
All this is on a lvl 75 necro with shitty gear (DD in 4l, cremation in 5l) and without the main build enabling item LOL.
But its doing great so far so its all good :) Will keep posting higher map tiers as I do them.
Spoiler

T6 atoll - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsFR5wgzVM&feature=youtu.be
T5 channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrcFeinDIk&feature=youtu.be
this ends abruptly as abaxoth spawns out of nowhere and kills me. But I came back later and killed him. Was a bit clumsy since it was my first time fighting him, but went down pretty fast.
Abaxoth kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS8agDoDIpQ&feature=youtu.be
T4 gorge -
Abyssal depth totem in t5 - https://youtu.be/Hbazx1u0sQo

Concept
The idea is to cast desecrate with spell cascade (instantly creates 15 corpses) and then use detonate dead with spell echo + cascade. This creates an area of overlapping explosions which instagibs almost everything except bosses and some rares. You can usually get a chain reaction going for a while without having to manually cast desecrate again. I use unearth + GMP with a low lvl CwDt setup to keep creating extra corpses for bone offering or more chain reactions(since unearth has no cooldown).
For single target I use cremation in a 5 link which has insane amount of single target dps.

Skill gems + links
Still playing with the links. Might switch cremation to 4l and detonate dead as 5/6l later, but so far this setup is working well.

main - detonate dead + spell cascade + spell echo + elemental focus (if you choose to use this in a 6l instead, the last 2 would probably be fire pen and controlled dest.)

single target - cremation + GMP + conc. effect + elemental focus (5l - fire pen, 6l - controlled dest.)

defense - bone offering + inc duration
(gives me about 60/60 with current gear, will hit max with a rumis. plus the life on block is amazing <3)

spawn corpses -
desecrate + spell cascade + faster casting
cwdt + unearth + GMP + temporal chains

raise spectre + fortify + stone golem + minion life
i use spectres for no apparent reason. you don't have to. i like the extra meat shields. might drop them when I have better gear. they dont do any damage, but never die.
[/spoiler]

Passives/gear

I'll add more to this section when I actually have some decent gear. For now, you can check my profile (ign: Gammabysswatcher).

The shield is the only slightly expensive gear piece I have right now. Rathpith globe has everything we need (life, spell damage, spell block, resists)
Spoiler

The Scourge terror claw is the key item, which i'm still missing. Its super expensive since its day 3, but usually drops to a few chaos in a week or two. This gives us about 200% extra damage right away and all the minion damage nodes on my tree/ascendancy are pretty useless without this.

Will keep updating this thread if people show interest and if I get time :)
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 8:29:21 PM
How much DPS do you have on tooltip?

Also spell damage does note affect DD dps

Use conc effect instead of controlled destruction
Last edited by Inferius90 on Dec 11, 2017, 3:44:28 AM
"
Inferius90 wrote:

spell damage affects Spell portion of DD since 3.1 (the avr. fire damage of 1000 at lvl 20). but you're right, the Corpse's HP (6%)-Explosion is not affected by controlled destruction so fire pen would probably be better.
wouldnt pick Conc effect because you want spell cascade's overlapping explosions
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Dec 11, 2017, 6:23:13 AM
prob gonna try this w sabo/asn if mines inviable here(shouldn't be? scascade minefield remote mine desecrate? ), will report. DD shadow was my fav build before ascendancies and/or DD nerfs
Definitely interested in doing something like this, though I think I'll use VD for pack clear and cremation for single target.

What was your choice of bandit?
"
Inferius90 wrote:
How much DPS do you have on tooltip?

Tooltip is only about 14k but its on a 4l and overall shitty gear and a tree built partially around minion damage that doesn't have the scourge yet.

Spell damage doesn't affect the corpse life-based damage, but the fire damage scales from it. This build doesn't have much spell damage anyway, its based on minion damage + scourge (which gives global damage boost)
Also, like airparisderjesus said, conc. effect is not a good idea since the damage mainly comes from insane amount of overlapping aoe's(cascade + echo)

Edit: Sorry I was wrong bout the tooltip, its actually about 23k with elemental overload active.
Spoiler
Last edited by stalkingjackal on Dec 11, 2017, 9:43:54 PM
"
Definitely interested in doing something like this, though I think I'll use VD for pack clear and cremation for single target.

What was your choice of bandit?

Volatile dead is good too, but i've tried both and DD seems to do much more damage, with the disadvantage of shorter range. I think this is because the aoe's overlap in a way that there are lots of areas where it shotguns. This damage diff is esp. noticeable on bosses/rares, since DD kills them much faster than VD. VD also has a slight delay between cast and explosion which can be dangerous in certain situations. VD is certainly better if u wanna stay far away though, and is overall a solid choice for sure.

I killed all bandits for the passive points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info