Don't play unless you want to lose your GPU!

I just wanted to warn everyone seeing the amount of topics being raised in Technical Support.

I have just lost my GTX 970 Palit due to their "optimalisation" of the game, went to the store, picked up GTX 1060 tested it with GPU-z with LOWEST settings in game, 60% load sitting in town, while mapping it's constant 90% (ON A GODDAMN GTX 1060)

I wouldn't advise to play unless the issue is fixed
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2017, 1:10:22 PM
Yes playing games consumes your videocard, nothing new here.
My gtx 970 is constantly under 100% load and hovers around 80C which is not terrible but certainly on the hot side. PoE is incredibly graphically intensive.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
atm 30% load with flickerstrike on a 1050Ti in lab

44% in maps

old i7 2600k cpu and 16gb ram...
Last edited by Donnerlootchen on Dec 10, 2017, 1:36:44 PM
you know, its true that PoE is not the best in this regard, but

thats how fucking GPUs work.

If you have strong enough processor and wont lock your FPS, your gpu will always try to produce as many frames as possible, so if you lower your settings, it will just produce more frames, it does not mean its gona be stressed less.
Just FYI my pc specs are below

Case: COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor: Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® RAMPAGE V EXTREME: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
Memory: 16GB SAMSUNG DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING ACX 3.0 Graphics Card - 6 GB GDDR5 - 192-bit - 1506 MHz
1st Hard Disk: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk: 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive: 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply: CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Corsair: H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans: 2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX OEM
USB Options: MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 64Bit

It's not my computer problem. It has to do something with game optimalisation.
Temperature at 55. Consistent. Nothing wrong with that at all. Got to be 70-80 to mean there's trouble. Most idle near 50.

From google: "What temp should GPU run at?
Graphics card temperatures typically range from 30c to 40c at idle and from 60c to 85c under load. Most high end video cards typically have a maximum temperature between 95c 105C, at which point the system will shut off to prevent damage. A video card is not considered to be overheating until it exceeds 90c under load."
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 10, 2017, 1:20:48 PM
I tested out Cremation in my h/o and it sounded like my computer was going to take off the fans were working so hard.
We tested it extensively
"
I just wanted to warn everyone seeing the amount of topics being raised in Technical Support.

I have just lost my GTX 970 Palit due to their "optimalisation" of the game, went to the store, picked up GTX 1060 tested it with GPU-z with LOWEST settings in game, 60% load sitting in town, while mapping it's constant 90% (ON A GODDAMN GTX 1060)

I wouldn't advise to play unless the issue is fixed

Sorry bud, but if you lost your GPU then you allowed it to get in the state that it is, this is what happens when you have a good card and decide to go full retard on the setting and forcing it to run at max (stuff like not limiting the frame rates)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Sorry bud, but if you lost your GPU then you allowed it to get in the state that it is, this is what happens when you have a good card and decide to go full retard on the setting and forcing it to run at max (stuff like not limiting the frame rates)

I'm always running my PoE settings at the lowest possible due to the poor optimalisation yet the card got burned. FPS was always limited, vsync turned on and it was always running at 60 fps (going lower though on fights)

Turning shadows off etc, so don't blame it on my stupidity. There is a problem with the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info