Occultist Profane Bloom Question

Hello there. I have been searching the internet but haven't been able to find any conclusive answers on this.

My question is about the occultist ascendancy passive profane bloom. I know that the base damage value is derived from the monster's max life, but is it further modified by things like spell damage, AoE damage, chaos damage, etc? (Things found on the passive tree or gear). I am already aware that debuff effects do increase the damage.

Essentially, what keywords/tags affect profane bloom, if any at all?

Furthermore, can it score critical hits? Can the area of effect be increased by increased area of effect nodes?

I am asking because I am making a righteous fire occultist, and I am trying to figure out if it's worth having those first 4 spell damage nodes for profane bloom (because they don't affect righteous fire.)

Irrelevant but curious: If I am using heartbreaker royal skean, will profane bloom gain culling strike?
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 5:12:39 PM
Hi

I'm positive that Profane Bloom at least scales with chaos damage. And I'm quite certain AoE effects also works on it. I don't think it is a spell though, so I don't think Heartbreaker will effect Profane Bloom in any way. Also pretty sure it can't crit.

I did a occultist build myself, last leauge, where I had 345% increased chaos damage, that was enough to make Profane Bloom 'chain'. I killed one monster with ED, and the whole pack (that was cursed) exploded... very entertaining:)

Good luck with your build!
the explosion is "secondary" damage, therefor it cant benefit from spell modifiers. Area/Chaos damage mods should work fine.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I'd also note for you: it is a chaos degen effect, so it doesn't in itself "hit", and it also doesn't stack, so comparing it to the Caustic Arrow clouds, or the Decay support, are the best way to think about it. (eg: even if two minions burst next to the boss, only one "stack" of the degen applies.)
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
I'd also note for you: it is a chaos degen effect, so it doesn't in itself "hit", and it also doesn't stack, so comparing it to the Caustic Arrow clouds, or the Decay support, are the best way to think about it. (eg: even if two minions burst next to the boss, only one "stack" of the degen applies.)

Profane Bloom is a corpse explosion-type effect, not a degen. It's affected by Chaos damage, Area damage, and raw Damage modifiers. Note that the other half of Profane Bloom - enemies you Curse take 10% increased damage - applies on the "Enemies Take" half, as would Despair and Void Beacon which both lower Chaos resistance. Despair's flat Chaos added to hits against cursed enemies would also apply, since the Profane Bloom explosions count as hits.

For best effect, scale Chaos and Area damage in your tree (modifiers from skillgems won't/don't apply, only global effects on your character sheet), then put Despair on a Blasphemy set-up so you close with enemies and get the effects of Void Beacon as well. With Blight's Threshold jewel, it would be more than possible for you to get 100+% increased Chaos damage in the tree, have enemies take 100+% increased Chaos damage while near you/Blighted, and effectively cause Profane Bloom's corpse explosions to deal effective damage equivalent to over 100% of the slain monster's life.

There's some clearspeed boost for ya.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

Wrong Ascendancy, what youre talking about is a node of Necromancer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info