Zombies and Golems should remain with relog

"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
It takes what? 15 seconds to summon 10 zombies and a golem?

What exactly is the problem?

It certainly is taking more than 15 seconds for my character, also quite annoying to do without mana flask. Not really big problem though, just a QoL.
"
"
So you guys are basically saying that you want to play a summoner... without the summoning part?

I agree with the decision to make spectres persistent through logouts as you have to travel to specific areas/maps to find the spectres you want, so this is a nice QoL.

But zombies and golems? It just takes a few seconds to resummon them really. And you still do the summoning part ;)

As the OP explicitly mentioned, they don't have enough mana upon logging back in to actually summon the zombies and golems again so they have to disable an aura, chug a mana potion from their stash, and only then can they summon the zombies and golems.

So in that case it's more than just a few seconds and it's quite inconvenient. Not as inconvenient as having to track down spectres of course, but still an annoyance that could be mitigated with allowing all unlimited-duration minions to stick around through logout.

I would say if a summoner has invested into the summons' defenses enough that they don't die on their own then the summoner shouldn't have to do any resummoning.

In the case of golems and zombies it's a quality of life feature that helps out a bit, as compared to sticking around after logging being something spectre summoners basically needed in order to not feel like absolute shit.
Well that's an issue with the dude's build. Being a summoner that doesn't even have the mana to actually summon. What does he plan to do if his zombies die while fighting?
"
Telzen wrote:
"
"
So you guys are basically saying that you want to play a summoner... without the summoning part?

I agree with the decision to make spectres persistent through logouts as you have to travel to specific areas/maps to find the spectres you want, so this is a nice QoL.

But zombies and golems? It just takes a few seconds to resummon them really. And you still do the summoning part ;)

As the OP explicitly mentioned, they don't have enough mana upon logging back in to actually summon the zombies and golems again so they have to disable an aura, chug a mana potion from their stash, and only then can they summon the zombies and golems.

So in that case it's more than just a few seconds and it's quite inconvenient. Not as inconvenient as having to track down spectres of course, but still an annoyance that could be mitigated with allowing all unlimited-duration minions to stick around through logout.

I would say if a summoner has invested into the summons' defenses enough that they don't die on their own then the summoner shouldn't have to do any resummoning.

In the case of golems and zombies it's a quality of life feature that helps out a bit, as compared to sticking around after logging being something spectre summoners basically needed in order to not feel like absolute shit.
Well that's an issue with the dude's build. Being a summoner that doesn't even have the mana to actually summon. What does he plan to do if his zombies die while fighting?

Part of the point of the build is the zombies don't die while fighting. They're so tanky that it's not reasonable to expect them to die unless you're really pushing certain deadly mod combinations.
"
Telzen wrote:

This question is the same as "What if a leeching BD can't sustain damage from leeching?"

The answer is "Make your leeching be able to sustain damage."

So a summoner don't need to have enough mana to summon minions in battle. He/she just need to ensure their minions can survive during fighting.
"

Part of the point of the build is the zombies don't die while fighting. They're so tanky that it's not reasonable to expect them to die unless you're really pushing certain deadly mod combinations.

Exactly, the highest content I did before getting bored was red elder and my zombies died only in uber traps and after the elder fight (the big 1-shot explosion). Anything else was perfectly fine.

Even if 1 zombie dies I can resummon it, but then have to wait (without mana flask) like 4 second to have enough mana again. I used blood magic for SRS, so I had 0 investment in mana.

I think it would be perfectly fine balancewise to set them relog persistent. But if anyone can say 1 good reason how it would be OP for something I'll believe it.
i just have a corpse creating skill on item swap and then summon zombies when i log in. Takes a few seconds and done.

"
nadakuu wrote:
i just have a corpse creating skill on item swap and then summon zombies when i log in. Takes a few seconds and done.

That's not the point. Read again, please.
If your zombies are so tanky that they never die, don't complain about having to set them up a single time when you log in. That's a pretty good damn trade off for never having to resummon them when playing.
+1
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Telzen wrote:
If your zombies are so tanky that they never die, don't complain about having to set them up a single time when you log in. That's a pretty good damn trade off for never having to resummon them when playing.

Why people defend the game like their life depends on it? Also, not like I asked them anything big, it's just a litle QoL. Wouldn't change anything for non summoners...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info