Zombies and Golems should remain with relog

Hi!

I really like the update on the Spectre and auras, but I do not understand why zombies and golems doesn't remain after relog like them.

It would be really good to keep zombies, as right now they almost never die on me, so I have all mana reserved. Every time I relog I have to turn off an aura, use manaflask (which I do not have normaly) cast Raise Zombie 4 times and turn aura back on. It would be a nice QoL update to keep them on too.
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2018, 9:03:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I made this mistake too. Started with summoner build. Thought persistant spectres are good. But all 9 zobies and 2 golems are needed too. So in every DC and error logging to towns, or maps failures.. they just die.

And game becomes again like game of desecrate and rise rise rise.. summon... many times.
Until next `un`expected DC. Seems like no more playing summoners for me until somth will change here.
Last edited by DarkJen on Jan 3, 2018, 3:49:16 PM
Baby steps. We just got persistent spectres and auras after having them in the game for years, they'll probably, eventually get around to making persistent zombies and golems.

ETA: 2024 :P
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
this is a non issue since zombies are supposed to be a middle ground between permanent and disposable and golems dont even need a corpse.

they dont have nearly the kinds of barriers spectres had so dont expect this to happen any time soon
Why not save all minions between sessions?

I play games for the action, not the inconveniences.
So you guys are basically saying that you want to play a summoner... without the summoning part?

I agree with the decision to make spectres persistent through logouts as you have to travel to specific areas/maps to find the spectres you want, so this is a nice QoL.

But zombies and golems? It just takes a few seconds to resummon them really. And you still do the summoning part ;)
I think we just personally got spoiled with persistent spectres and auras way too quickly. Slapping down a desecrate and 7 zombies on my current build takes no time at all really, and when I was using stone golem leveling it was still okay, but in my current state of mind it is allying with this idea that it is infuriating even though... zombies, ag and golems were never the issue. It takes 10 seconds tops. It was all about the spectres. But now we want MORE!!!

To be fair, with persistant auras, any non summoners that don't happen to use golems at all just got spoiled the most, they get to just log in and go. Even if they have a golem, it takes them so much less effort to click and go.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jan 19, 2018, 9:50:28 PM
"
So you guys are basically saying that you want to play a summoner... without the summoning part?

I agree with the decision to make spectres persistent through logouts as you have to travel to specific areas/maps to find the spectres you want, so this is a nice QoL.

But zombies and golems? It just takes a few seconds to resummon them really. And you still do the summoning part ;)

As the OP explicitly mentioned, they don't have enough mana upon logging back in to actually summon the zombies and golems again so they have to disable an aura, chug a mana potion from their stash, and only then can they summon the zombies and golems.

So in that case it's more than just a few seconds and it's quite inconvenient. Not as inconvenient as having to track down spectres of course, but still an annoyance that could be mitigated with allowing all unlimited-duration minions to stick around through logout.

I would say if a summoner has invested into the summons' defenses enough that they don't die on their own then the summoner shouldn't have to do any resummoning.

In the case of golems and zombies it's a quality of life feature that helps out a bit, as compared to sticking around after logging being something spectre summoners basically needed in order to not feel like absolute shit.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
ETA: 2024 :P

BabyRage
It takes what? 15 seconds to summon 10 zombies and a golem?

What exactly is the problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info