Abyss - any new builds?

Any new builds using the new gems?
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 10:39:11 PM
Bright green corpse sunder followed by exploding corpse sunder.
Interesting. Anything but sunder, something brand new?
Dual-wield Poet's Pen; one socketed with GMP + Unearth, the other with Volatile Dead + Supports. I also run Bodyswap in the Unearth wand to combine blasting and traversal into the attack, but only Unearth/VD pumps more Damage. Frenzy + Faster Attacks + whatever to trigger the Spells and generate Power Charges.

I picked Necromancer for the Spirit Eater bonus (IAS per corpse consumed recently), plus probably Offerings for defence - Spirit Eater's ramping IAS deynchs like a motherfucker if you run Bodyswap in the links though! If you want to run Bodyswap, pick something else. I like Bodyswap and am regretting my life choices a little bit, haha.

The 'Lightpoacher' helmet is a really nice fancy new hat. Kill stuff -> get charges -> release piercing novas. Probably really good and cool as a Wormblaster-type build: grab 2-5 of The Writhing Jar and go nuts. Physical Spell Damage, triggers on Skill activation - Spell-scaling build with a fast Whirl or Shield Charge, probably?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 11, 2017, 3:18:29 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Dual-wield Poet's Pen; one socketed with GMP + Unearth, the other with Volatile Dead + Supports. I also run Bodyswap in the Unearth wand to combine blasting and traversal into the attack, but only Unearth/VD pumps more Damage. Frenzy + Faster Attacks + whatever to trigger the Spells and generate Power Charges.

I picked Necromancer for the Spirit Eater bonus (IAS per corpse consumed recently), plus probably Offerings for defence - Spirit Eater's ramping IAS deynchs like a motherfucker if you run Bodyswap in the links though! If you want to run Bodyswap, pick something else. I like Bodyswap and am regretting my life choices a little bit, haha.

The 'Lightpoacher' helmet is a really nice fancy new hat. Kill stuff -> get charges -> release piercing novas. Probably really good and cool as a Wormblaster-type build: grab 2-5 of The Writhing Jar and go nuts. Physical Spell Damage, triggers on Skill activation - Spell-scaling build with a fast Whirl or Shield Charge, probably?

You unholy bastard that sounds amazing. I've been looking for stuff to do with Poet's Pens later, but it never even remotely occurred to me to use them as rapid-fire Bombie delivery mechanisms. I need to do this at some point now and it's YOUR FAULT.
"
1453R wrote:
You unholy bastard that sounds amazing. I've been looking for stuff to do with Poet's Pens later, but it never even remotely occurred to me to use them as rapid-fire Bombie delivery mechanisms. I need to do this at some point now and it's YOUR FAULT.

They do say the pen is mightier than the sword.
(whoops I fucked up the audio a bit OH WELL)

Spoiler
Was my first instinct when one dropped, really, and it wouldn't surprise me if it became/is part of the meta. It's hellaciously stupid.

Suppose it's also worth noting: I picked an indoor area intentionally, the only time it's any slower is in sewers or so, and it's not by much. Can you imagine what it does outdoors though?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 11, 2017, 10:48:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info