Curse on Hit Bugged on Poet's Pen

"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for those videos, they're quite helpful. We'll figure out what is going on here. Something's not right...

Any word on an update for this one?

I'd also like to point out (as I did in another thread) that wielding Poet's Pen doesn't inherently break the other mechanics, only triggering spells from it.

For example: Poet's Pen with Ethereal Knives socketed, and a chest piece with Cast on Crit and Fireball. Fireball will never trigger from an attack while EK is socketed. If, however, you remove EK from Poet's Pen, you can now trigger Fireball with Cast on Crit, while still wielding Poet's Pen.
A little more details that might be helpful:

It's a little weirder than "curse on hit doesn't work when there are spell socketed in poet's pen". First, as some others have pointed out, it doesn't only apply to CoH. Looks to me like it applies to every on hit or on kill effect. Life gain on hit, onslaught support, cast on crit and many others won't work.

Depending on the actual spells and actual support gems in the poet's pen, it may or may not work. For example, if unearth is in the pen and nothing else, CoH WILL work. If unearth and LMP/GMP is in the pen, CoH will NOT work. I imagine different spells will interact in different ways.
Last edited by Omnidimension on Dec 12, 2017, 6:35:24 AM
A official update on this issue would be nice...
Hey guys - the issues here were reproduced yesterday and passed on to a programmer to get looked into / fixed. We'll need some time to get a fix together, test that fix, and then get the fix into a patch (assuming the fix doesn't break anything else).

The reports here have been helpful - thanks everyone!
Awesome. Thanks for the update.
Thank you for the update! Can't wait for this to get fixed, it's easily my favorite item from this expansion.
Great. Thank you!
It also appears to block on-kill charge gains of Outmatch and Outlast gladiator passive.
NOTE: I was having this problem and SWITCHING WHICH HAND poet's pen is in FIXED the problem.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Hey guys - the issues here were reproduced yesterday and passed on to a programmer to get looked into / fixed. We'll need some time to get a fix together, test that fix, and then get the fix into a patch (assuming the fix doesn't break anything else).

The reports here have been helpful - thanks everyone!

Hartlin - I came to write a bug report similar to this but thought this thread would be appropriate.

I am using Cast on Crit Vaal Implicit Gloves. I have them socketed with Frenzy and [any spell] (I've tried a dozen). It will NOT cast this spell ever, when using Poet's Pen...

Can you confirm receipt of this addition to your bug report, as I believe it is directly associated with the original poster's bug report, and I'd like the programmers to address this issue as well.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info