CAN YOU KILL PEOPLE IN THIS GAME

"
andymkay wrote:
From a PK'ers perspective, can you look for potential targets' games and join them, in order to hunt them down and kill them? You know, D2 style.
This is the basis for the cut-throat league. All game instances will be open to everyone, PvP is always enabled, and you drop all items on death.
Problems? support@grindinggear.com
"
"
andymkay wrote:
From a PK'ers perspective, can you look for potential targets' games and join them, in order to hunt them down and kill them? You know, D2 style.
This is the basis for the cut-throat league. All game instances will be open to everyone, PvP is always enabled, and you drop all items on death.

This is beyond promising! Even harsher than D2, I must say I absolutely love this.

I wonder though, if it would be a good idea to introduce some sort of incitament for less "pvp inclined" individuals to join cut-throat league. Say for example that cut-throat league had 10% better drop rates across the board compared to a safe mode, or another bonus like that-nothing game breaking of course. That way PK'ers would have more juicy PvE targets to slaughter.

Also it would provide a very real risk/reward side to the modes.
Last edited by andymkay on February 25, 2012 4:56 PM
You know, you should probably read forums dear sir. Use the Search function for the appropriate key terms.

In the future don't spam just to make posts. I do like reading, just not these :(
"
andymkay wrote:
"
"
andymkay wrote:

This is beyond promising! Even harsher than D2, I must say I absolutely love this.

I wonder though, if it would be a good idea to introduce some sort of incitament for less "pvp inclined" individuals to join cut-throat league. Say for example that cut-throat league had 10% better drop rates across the board compared to a safe mode, or another bonus like that-nothing game breaking of course. That way PK'ers would have more juicy PvE targets to slaughter.

Also it would provide a very real risk/reward side to the modes.

no thanks us care bears don't want your pvp to ruin our fun. go kill each other and get each others gear. ill do what i want. good day
Well good sir, I assure you killing people will not only be aloud, but it will be the game.
"
suncross wrote:
Well good sir, I assure you killing people will not only be aloud, but it will be the game.

im sure it will be. just on a different type server or contested zone. Not gonna be free for all full game like you probably want. So again happy killing just not gonna be me :))
I'm leery about unregulated PvP.

The problem with free world pvp is that it only works in theory. In practice it doesn't work as intended thanks to the opportunistic nature of most pvpers and the general douchebaggery that follows them.

I wouldn't mind some pvp zones or pvp arenas aside from a pvp only server. But, I think they've got a good idea with having pvp and pve servers.
Player Killers Unite! lol
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Last edited by pretzel2323 on March 6, 2012 10:22 PM
"
I'm leery about unregulated PvP.

The problem with free world pvp is that it only works in theory. In practice it doesn't work as intended thanks to the opportunistic nature of most pvpers and the general douchebaggery that follows them.

I wouldn't mind some pvp zones or pvp arenas aside from a pvp only server. But, I think they've got a good idea with having pvp and pve servers.

I feel the biggest problem with PvP in cut-throat in theory is the bottleneck issue.

While I do not know how cut-throat will be implemented, in any game I've ever seen open PvP in, bottlenecks (like entrances and exits to zones) totally broke the system.

The way the current game works will not work for cut-throat.
If you have account problems please Email Support

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info