[3.1] [Theorycrafting] Volatile Dead Elementalist !hype

Has anyone try to use trap support for desecrate? You can generate 18 corpse in one cast. It seem like better than direct cast with cascade support.
"
Neogeo75 wrote:
Has anyone try to use trap support for desecrate? You can generate 18 corpse in one cast. It seem like better than direct cast with cascade support.

You cant have more than 15 corpses with Desecrate at any given time. It deletes the old ones automatically.

But not all traps trigger at same time, so you can end up with more than 15 corpses when you use them as soon as they pop. You probably need a sunblast belt, alot more gem slots and i dont think this is all worth it.

You can create 36+ orbs out of a 15 corpse desecrate cast, enough to kill any pack. For the next pack you need a new desecrate anyway.
Volatile Dead consumes up to 3 corpses in one cast, but it still consumes the corpses. You will get 15 balls out of 15 corpses.
A cascaded desecrate with one cascaded volatile dead produces 9 balls and you have 6 corpses left, you can cast a second time to have 6 more balls.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
What do you think about a combination of Scorching Ray and Volatile Dead?

Something like this: Scorching Ray - Cast when Channeling - Volatile Dead - Ele Focus - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy

Should be very handy for trash. And for bosses, you just add a totem that casts desecrate / unearth.
1)i have a question about tree in first post: it have eqvilibrium and mastermind, may be replace Desecrate or Unearth link with Orb of storm + curse on hit+ Flammability?

2) https://www.poeplanner.com/AAkAAPUACRUBAHcEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoOSA-rD8QQWBGWE3EWbxa_GjgabCLqIvQkiySqJpUnLyoLKjgsnDIBNuk6WDrYO3w-8UFyQZZJUUmxSi5Ms1F0VUtVxliuWfNd8l6lYeJh62ZUakNsC20ZcFJ6U3_GgpuD24TFhXuHZYnTi4yMNo7pj0aP-pBVkyeVLpo7m1GboZu1na6hL6IAoqOmmacIp6WsmK6zr5uyGbjKuZO86r6KwGbAmsMJwzrPetAf0PXVi9Wm18_Z_OFz42rkIuv17DjtPO-I7-vwH_DV8h331_k3-d0ClgxSkm6ce6i5vFbSfO1hAAAAAAA=
this tree for crit frostbolt inq with stave
can this tree be usable for volatile(with some change) with Duskdawn or The Searing Touch?
"
raggapaul wrote:
What do you think about a combination of Scorching Ray and Volatile Dead?

Something like this: Scorching Ray - Cast when Channeling - Volatile Dead - Ele Focus - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy

Should be very handy for trash. And for bosses, you just add a totem that casts desecrate / unearth.

I was playing something similar for my league starter. SR - CWC - VD - Immolate - Chance to Ignite

Immolate because Volatile Dead has 120% Damage effectiveness and Scorching Ray it a burn. Chance to Ignite because it's MORE Fire dmg and should affect the initial explosion.

It was pretty sweet. Decent Trash clear, better if the mobs leave corpses for you to make more orbs from. Used Spell Totem - Unearth - GMP - Faster Casting for corpse gen. Scorching Ray debuff and Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Flammability made boss dps pretty ridiculous.

I ripped on her due to the server issues the other day. Might reroll because it was super fun to play.
Last edited by fortexcross on Dec 12, 2017, 12:17:33 AM
Thank you for the reply, as soon as I reach maps and got some currency, I will try this.

Right now I play this:

Damage: Volatile Dead - Spell Cascade - Faster Casting - Ele Focus - Controlled Destruction - Arcane Focus
Corpses: Unearth - Spell Totem - Faster Casting - GMP

The damage feels great, but I was lucky to get a Tabula before level 20, so on a 4Link it is much weaker of course. Just reached mid 40s, dont have much time to play these days. But it looks promising so far.

I prefer Unearth right now, because it creates corpses much faster than desecrate and it actually does some damage, too. In more dense areas, I just cast the totem once, then I continue casting Volatile Dead just from the dead bodies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info