Path of Exile 3.1.0: War for the Atlas Patch Notes

"
GothicBlood wrote:
"
visibledark wrote:
Still no changes to traps and more importantly to the lackluster Saboteur ascendancy class.

XP after level 95 nerfed, a change catering to 0.001% of your player base if at all. Even worse is the wording of the original post regarding the nerf mentioning "overwhelming feedback" to make that change...suuure!

I'm very happy I didn't splash the cash yet on the new supporter packs.

This is about how I feel. This character I've had for the last 400+ hours, and she has managed to make it to level 71. Even after fully clearing 2 maps last night, not even a single level. Doing several hours of end game content = not enough to get even 1 level. I'm not even in the 80's yet, and you want to nerf people getting to 100...cuz...why?? As above poster stated, no reason why.

If "some" people can break down the game, and find a method to get from 1 to 100 quickly, why is that a problem? Not every person who plays the game is a speed running freak who only wants to get to max level ASAP. This is just one of the many, many things I hate about this patch.

I am 100% concerned about your ability to play ARPGs.
"
Added a timer below each flask icon which, while the flask is active, displays the remaining duration for that flask.
Debuffs are now displayed on a separate line to buffs, flask effects and charges.

Neat!
SSF since ~OB
They have succesfully nerf everything I play.
Legacy Acuity makes no sense at all.

You openly admit VP completely broke the game but keep the thousands of legacy Acuity items to remain untouched.

If that's good game design then I guess I should get into the business because apparently just random and conflicting implementations get a pass. Is GGG's balance team just a magic 8-ball that Chris keeps on his desk?

"Should we change VP so that the game isn't COMPLETELY trivialized?"
*shake*
*All signs point to yes*

"We'll have to change Atziri's Acuity to also reflect this change. Is it a good idea to apply this to legacy Acuity gloves as well?"
*shake*
*Looks doubtful*
"Well, the 8-ball has gotten us this far. Can't question it now"
"
hazley wrote:

The problem with this patch is the lack of proper and healthy balancing. The EXP nerf doesn't affect 99% of the playerbase, so the nerf itself is fine - HOWEVER it is the mentality behind this type of balancing (ie. balancing the game based on the top 1%) that GGG has done so many times in the past already that is causing old players who have been here since closed beta such as myself to be utterly disgusted at the direction this game is headed. I miss the days of shotgun freezing pulse, elemental cleave, cast on crit, and other builds that were both viable for end game content while being very satisfying to play at the same time.

If you want to reach end game content at a reasonable pace without gimping yourself, you have to play a very small subset of skills and mechanics that GGG has so wonderfully pidgeonholed us into. I really think the balancing team doesn't spend any time playing the actual game and only balances based around numbers and statistics.

This is something similar to what I wrote long time ago. I cannot agree more. However the fact that I wrote something similar after 2.4 patch notes and you're writing this after 3.1 patch notes tells us something. If only few players can truly see where this is going than it is very likely that you will in the future quote someone else with something similar in comment on lets say 4.2 patch notes, while I and many others will be long gone from this game.

The Devs are shooting themselfs in the foot with this kind of "balancing strategy". Why they cannot see it? Why taking away something that players wants and likes to play? D2 lasted so long not because it had many expansions but because players were able to play characters and builds they liked. Every single ladder season.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Dec 6, 2017, 3:11:22 PM
People love to cry, thanks for all the hard work GGG!
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile: War for the Atlas

"
RealManMode wrote:
People love to cry, thanks for all the hard work GGG!

i would love to thank them for their work, and normally im first person to run and buy support pack as saying thanks!
but i look at this patch note and i see no work ! they literally have done nothing!
i see a big list of things they wanted to do and make and very small list of what they actually did!
it looks as if they spent the whole months of time and work just to make the support packs!
instead of focusing on the expansion tell me you whats new right now and whats different than last patch ? all i see is a new leauge and nothing else. its by far the worse patch ggg have ever made and i cant not support them or thank them for making me skip another leauge
theres nothing interesthing or new to try in this patch !
dont care about standart at all, glad they get rid off that anoying instant leech mechanics(which i abused aswell in some leagues ;)
Gotta try soemthing new in Abyss league at least ;)
Hype
"
Piou29 wrote:
400+ hours and you're lvl 71 ? What are you doing dude ? clearing act 1 again and again ? ^^

XD don't understand how it works. With lvl 71 I spend round about 15h or less. No idea what this guy does. XD but nice to read and smile ;)
Last edited by NyRalph0 on Dec 6, 2017, 3:43:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info