Path of Exile 3.1.0: War for the Atlas Patch Notes

"
kael694 wrote:
Why Baron nerf? It looks like it will affect zombies more than SRS as they are much slower. And they just started to be in good spot..

Yeah, why Baron nerf and not Kaom's Shav's or Acuity nerf?
¿Acuity going legacy?

GGGuess is time to find another game...
"
visibledark wrote:
Still no changes to traps and more importantly to the lackluster Saboteur ascendancy class.

XP after level 95 nerfed, a change catering to 0.001% of your player base if at all. Even worse is the wording of the original post regarding the nerf mentioning "overwhelming feedback" to make that change...suuure!

I'm very happy I didn't splash the cash yet on the new supporter packs.

This is about how I feel. This character I've had for the last 400+ hours, and she has managed to make it to level 71. Even after fully clearing 2 maps last night, not even a single level. Doing several hours of end game content = not enough to get even 1 level. I'm not even in the 80's yet, and you want to nerf people getting to 100...cuz...why?? As above poster stated, no reason why.

If "some" people can break down the game, and find a method to get from 1 to 100 quickly, why is that a problem? Not every person who plays the game is a speed running freak who only wants to get to max level ASAP. This is just one of the many, many things I hate about this patch.
400+ hours and you're lvl 71 ? What are you doing dude ? clearing act 1 again and again ? ^^
Can you please repair BROKEN yellow items? Like chest ivl60 with 10 life??? Still dont now who changed that.. so wrong to remove minimal values...

AND Lion's Roar practically destroyed after last nerf? SAD :/
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Last edited by Alabamak on Dec 6, 2017, 2:29:56 PM
"
GothicBlood wrote:
"
visibledark wrote:
Still no changes to traps and more importantly to the lackluster Saboteur ascendancy class.

XP after level 95 nerfed, a change catering to 0.001% of your player base if at all. Even worse is the wording of the original post regarding the nerf mentioning "overwhelming feedback" to make that change...suuure!

I'm very happy I didn't splash the cash yet on the new supporter packs.

This is about how I feel. This character I've had for the last 400+ hours, and she has managed to make it to level 71. Even after fully clearing 2 maps last night, not even a single level. Doing several hours of end game content = not enough to get even 1 level. I'm not even in the 80's yet, and you want to nerf people getting to 100...cuz...why?? As above poster stated, no reason why.

If "some" people can break down the game, and find a method to get from 1 to 100 quickly, why is that a problem? Not every person who plays the game is a speed running freak who only wants to get to max level ASAP. This is just one of the many, many things I hate about this patch.

This is not the problem with the 3.1 update.

The changes to the EXP will not affect players like you. All of the EXP is the same up to lvl 95. If you can't even push to 80, you certainly don't need to worry about pushing to 95+.

To be honest, if you're struggling to even get to level 80 you're either a new player who hasn't learned the mechanics or you're not following a good build. 400+ hours and only getting up to level 71 is because you need to improve on how you play your character or playing a better build, the game doesn't need to be dumbed down for players at your level to make progress.

The problem with this patch is the lack of proper and healthy balancing. The EXP nerf doesn't affect 99% of the playerbase, so the nerf itself is fine - HOWEVER it is the mentality behind this type of balancing (ie. balancing the game based on the top 1%) that GGG has done so many times in the past already that is causing old players who have been here since closed beta such as myself to be utterly disgusted at the direction this game is headed. I miss the days of shotgun freezing pulse, elemental cleave, cast on crit, and other builds that were both viable for end game content while being very satisfying to play at the same time.

If you want to reach end game content at a reasonable pace without gimping yourself, you have to play a very small subset of skills and mechanics that GGG has so wonderfully pidgeonholed us into. I really think the balancing team doesn't spend any time playing the actual game and only balances based around numbers and statistics.

i thought you guys decided to bring back harbinger as a zana map mod. what happened to that idea?

Not gonna lie, im scared shitless what will happen to the game after insta leech is nerfed, the game was heavily balanced around that. breaches are pretty much impossible to survive now. they should half every single mob attack and cast speed, maybe that would bring the nerf in line with the mobs, but that aint gonna happen. curious, but im a little worried that i might just wasted money on paying for MTXs, while the game might be unplayeble for me in the future. i hope the game will be rebalanced for the launch of 3.1.
Last edited by Fracture333 on Dec 6, 2017, 2:46:22 PM
"
GothicBlood wrote:

level 71, 400+ hours? how is that possible? Also full cleared 2 maps and u say several hours of end game content? what!? I get going at ur own speed but...wow
mhhhhh Brains!
Still no saboteur buffs or changes, feelsbadman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info