Path of Nerfs

No more money from me till you fire the experts or at least shift them into a more appropriate role, like sweeping the floor.
Ok...So now if you go Slayer, you HAVE to grab Vaal Pact just to get the same bonuses you already had...
Last edited by Subxeno on Dec 5, 2017, 2:14:10 AM
"
Chris wrote:

• 95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
  • 96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
  • 97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
  • 98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
  • 99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

Omega fucking LUL
also RIP acuity

seems like i won't try to get lvl 100 nor will try to farm uber this league (:
"
JOWH wrote:
Well, it's just getting worse. Build diversity further down, probably monster/boss difficulty up again soon. This game was great once and I had high hopes but now...
I cannot even say I'm happy that I've spent money to support you - because all the builds I have played and that I ever wanted to play - I can't just do it anymore because you nerfed so many aspects of the game that it's impossible to do.

The thing that i enjoy nowadays, btw, is comparing posts like this one to posts like "i miss the old days when PoE was actually challenging and fun to play, where any white mob could kill you if you weren't careful, and nowadays it's just the same clearspeed meta with constant powercreep every patch".
Has anyone considered thinking about how many days of your miserable life will be thrown in the bin if your character dies whilst leveling from 99 - 100

When I see Dev notes like these it just uninspires me. You didn't fix anything, you didn't add any new hype to something that would be cool to play. No, you gutted things and gave nothing to replace them with. Very uninspiring GGG. The vaal pact nerf was fine, but randomly switching the entire meta while also nerfing 0.01% builds is sad.

Doomfletch's Prism: Now adds 100% of Physical Damage as Damage of each Element (down from 110%). As Doomfletch has no Critical Strike Chance value now, none is inherited here.

^ This literally does nothing, it's better than it was before because you gave it extra flat... lol.

Doomfletch: Now adds 100% of Physical Damage as Damage of a random Element (down from 110%). It no longer has increased Critical Strike Chance, and instead has (12-16) to (20-24) added Physical Damage.
So previously it was 271 ele dps with 7% crit

now it's 345 ele dps with 5% crit... That just means Elemental Overload is better...

Rise of the Phoenix
Maximum Fire Resistance granted has been reduced to 5% (from 8%). Life regeneration has been increased to 15 to 20 per second (from 6). New versions now also grant 40 to 60 Life (this cannot be divined).

Just why.

Are you removing 'no regen' from the map pool? Are you removing any mod that makes RF unplayable against certain(and extremely common) affixes in high tier maps?

You also completely ruined Acuity. You could of kept them as-is, now they're going to be used even less- not because of availability, but because they just simply suck.

The only useful change of giving them the on/off switch is regen for traps and trials... But, cmon... Acuity wasn't even that good pre-nerf. I've never made a build that said 'oh acuity would min/max this' because they're irrelevant in clearspeed meta.
"
juerk wrote:
"
JinLee1337 wrote:
nerfs are good for the game, stupid shit needs to get removed. d3 went to shit because they didnt nerf anything and dmg numbers got to billions, you dont want this happening to poe. btw getting to 100 is probably easier and achievable for more builds now because of the reflect nerf, just takes longer. you will die less because of stupid shit now i imagine, but only people who have expierence in getting to 100 would know i guess.

Ok so:

in 2.6 we had easily around 20 skills which where meta in some point.

T1-T1.5: VfB, VS, HoWa, EK Nova, Wanders (all kind of variants), Signalshot, Volt. LA/barrage, KB mines

also very strong: attack double dipping (Mortem Morsu, King of the Forest) LLRF, Bladeflurry, ED, Golemancer, FNM, Frostbolt totems/mines). I'm surely forgetting a lot of builds, haven't been playing the last two months of legacy.

Ok...Necro support was too strong back then and some things needed some balancing/nerfs. But..in 3.0 we're at most at half of the builds from 2.6 - and that being very generous. Close to all builds from above got removed, and only few builds replaced them (Spectre Variants, new wander variants, GCM, DP). Were all that builds "stupid shit"?

My concern is that by removing some builds again we're just running out of exciting skills to play at this rate. The next patch is probably going to be ok, but what's next? If sunder still remains unchanged for leveling and is the fastest clearing skill in 3.2 due to yet another wave of nerfs, I'm calling it a day. That's sort of my personal limit. I can see that some people would find even this pace too fast and want back to a 4l cyclone meta. That's fine ofc, but not a game I would play.

I somehow don't get the desire to hardcap the players by nerfing the very top without balancing skills for leveling or mapping until level 90. To be fair, the new Shaped/Elder item might be a solution to that.

About faster leveling to 100:

Without VP, Sextanted Shores, Beachheads, with QotF nerfs on top of the exp nerfs? Good luck. The gap between the perfectly organized 6-men-groups and the rest will just grow further, that's it.

yes, i consider most you listed "stupid shit", howa was way to strong (but was overnerfed, that is true). vfb and vspark were stupid, doing maps in less than 30secs is dumb and not healthy for the game, doesnt mean we are back at 4 link cyclone times. double dipping was retarded and needed to be removed, poison is still good and you can still do endgame with it. wanders just got an op helmet last patch and because barrage lost 1 projectile doesnt mean they are dead. signalshot is still strong. voltaxic needed to be nerfed at the time, because of double dipping and how easy it was to bypass reflect, they should bring it back though after the nerfs to said things. there is countless builds that can do endgame and its just a matter of how well.

in terms of the xp nerfs: sextanted shores are still in the game, just need to trade of for what you want to do with your atlas, people got to 100 in 10 days before beachheads existed. vp is no reason at all for why it should go slower because of the reflect nerf, you can do fast builds without qotf. on the last point i am with you, a 6-men group shouldnt level that much faster than 1 person, but that has nothing to do with the xp nerfs
Some Discord friends of mine who play and I were discussing the current state of the game and the change to Vaal Pact yesterday. I have to say that most of us are pretty worried. Let me explain.

Of my friends (and there are about eight of us who all play PoE in varying amounts but almost all of us have contributed some funds to the game through tab purchases and supporter packs) not a single one of us are the math/spreadsheet/Path Of Building wizards that it seems GGG is crafting the game for recently.

None of us have ever gotten a level 100 character. I've never gotten above 88 and I've done better than most of my friends. Only a couple of us have fought Atziri. None of us have fought Uber-Atziri, the guardians, or the Shaper. Only two of us have made it into the T-14-15 Mapping level. The highest level I've ever gotten to was T-13. Once. And I failed the map. Badly. I recently was joking on the subreddit on a post where someone was complaining about an Exalt that got dropped where the player couldn't pick it up and ended up taking loads of abuse from the "dedicated" community over there when I pointed out that (at least the guy got an exalt to drop because...) I made it into the 80's on two characters this league yet did not get a single exalt to drop (and I only got 9 or 10 exalt fragments to drop... most of my currency is grinded out on my belly in chaos as I almost never get any items worth more than a few chaos either though I do sell what I can).

Most of us have made at least one attempt to build a character on our own to varying degrees of success. At this point, whatever we think we know about the game tends to change so much every three months that it's a little like trying to hit a moving target when you're already half-blind, arthritic, and a bit stupid. Often we have to try and follow a build set out by someone who is one of those math/spreadsheet/Path of Building wizards as it's the only way we can hope to get a character to the point of say... completing their ascendancy without having to get someone to carry us or getting to the end of the storyline only to discover that the character is stat poor in some critical area that can't be compensated for without hours of respeccing and grinding out currency for different gear.

A couple of caveats. I'm not specifically mad about Vaal Paact or any one specific nerf. I'm much more concerned about a pattern of stat adjustment that makes figuring out how this enormously complicated game works an enormously complex task. A few examples. The entire introduction of Blade Flurry was a piping hot mess with early adopters reaping a ridiculous benefit that saw the skill nerfed something like five times overall. Energy Shield used to be the "go to" for many players since the character builds were diverse and the equipment relatively inexpensive and then suddenly ES is useless and no one wants to play it. Life has always received derisive sneers from players "in the know" as life builds have always been seen as weak. While I don't watch tons of PoE YouTubers I do look at several of the most well known ones and I've never seen any of them take a bow build seriously and when asked I was told by one that there really was only one bow build that was viable in any way. One of my friends in this discussion I mentioned hilariously suggested that "Mind Over Matter" might be the new way a lot of people go to try and get some traction in the game and I say hilariously because I see in your notes above that you've preemptively nerfed that as well. The point here is that I am sort of feeling a bit like a trapped rat with an ever decreasing number of viable paths to choose from in this game.

And yes you've more than earned the money I've spent already. This isn't a guilt trip. It's feedback and please take it as such. Chris you once took the time to directly answer a question I asked you (about something similar to Steam Workshop so people with useless 3D degrees like myself could try and make some pizza money hocking skins for the gear you guys sell) weeks after I asked it and I was really touched that you even bothered. Additionally your customer service is ridiculously, hilariously, far above the level I as an American have come to expect from the companies I do business with. The people taking care of our business are prompt, polite, friendly, and very, very good at their jobs. If I stopped playing PoE today the benefit of enjoyment to monetary investment would be ludicrously in my favor. And for that I sincerely thank all of you at GGG.

And yes. Those of you who are much better at this and games like this are probably right that I and my friends are probably doing things wrong to be so cash poor and enjoy so little of the end game content available league after league. I get it. You're better at the game than I am. But here's the thing. And this is why I'm talking to GGG and not you. I'm a better than average player. I'm smarter than the average player and my friends are reasonably sharp as well. I can only think of one that isn't either in college or a college graduate. And he's probably the best player among us. But I do share some experience in making games. I've worked in the industry in community management and I do have degrees in design and 3D that found me helping to start a small game company at one point in my life. So while I'm certainly no expert I do know a bit about what I'm talking about. And while it's fine to be niche and appeal to very smart players who revel in their deep dive into the minutiae of unique item stats and tech tree alignment when an average player cannot access end game content, when an average player can't earn the kind of currency that gives them access to the unique items and therefore builds that correspond to those items, and the developer is tailoring the game towards the exceptional players that can, no matter what they (GGG) do to the stats, gain access to the currency, items, and builds that is a problem. A problem for the developer.

Now I'm sure this is probably nothing that GGG hasn't heard before and I'm sure they won't care much if they lose me and my friends as players. There are many fish in the sea and we are hardly the kind of whales that so many free to play games need to stay afloat. But I would have to be somewhat foolish to stop playing a game that I've enjoyed enormously, and played intently, without saying something to try and influence the discourse on the direction of the game. Call it balancing the scales or paying it forward or whatever I've loved playing this game even though I've never experienced the most talked about and sought after parts of it. So adding my voice to the chorus is indeed the very least I can do.

I don't expect you to make it easy GGG. But why does it have to be so hard? You're losing us. And while I'm hardly a monogamous gamer PoE has, for some time now, been a big part of my diet. But I don't know how much longer I can justify playing nearly the same game over and over only to be stopped in the high 80's because I don't have the money for the items and I don't have the items to get the money and so my character will never be stronk enough for guardians. I'm sure that GGG has very good reasons for all the changes they've made. And I could be completely wrong and I just suck and my friends suck and GGG has stats that say 90% of all players reach end game content with their character and so on. It could be that way. Or it could be that the constant nerf and meta tweaks are making that target almost impossible to hit for a lot of players. And because of that, the game is leaving us behind for the Mathil's and Ziggy D's of the world who can quickly glance at the new tech tree and in a moment see the new Meta and know right away what new builds and uniques will make accessing that sweet sweet endgame content a breeze. I don't know. I just know the game is slipping away from some of us. And I don't have any suggestions on how to fix the problem because I don't really understand the problem... and that's probably part of the problem. I just know there is a problem. And now you know too.
FLUFF !!!!!!!!

we are all racers thats why we had to play more and more and more !!!!

there are players out here trying to hit 100 without 18/24h every day
because of a greater thing called RealLife

REALY ?!?!?!?!?!

GGG do you know your Endgame Content ?
EXP BALLANCE vs. Beachhead rotas to hit lvl 100 is how you Balance now ?
Sextants Changed also .. so x5 sextant packsizes no longer works

so after ruined any shield base character now u decided to crap on leech.... nice ...this is a strategy too "no more servers becouse small number of players" great . hardly wait to krap on life too in neer future, BUT WAIT NEW BUFFS!!!!. SHAME ON U

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info