Path of Nerfs

"
Ashriel wrote:
Guys, it's great that you're not afraid to nerf things. It shows. But you have gone way overboard so many times it's ridiculous. Like, it's not even funny - AoE, CoC, double-dipping, bosses not dropping anything good after the HP nerf, ES... You're more heavy-handed than Hearthstone's "balance" team and it doesn't make your game more fun, it makes it suck. I dreamed of getting a level 100 one day, and now you've nerfed not only red map XP, but made it longer overall. Your reasons why are flawed - you listened to the 5 players that wanted it longer? What about the other 99.999% of your player base?

Your other nerfs, like to Acuities, a chase unique that's already super rare and gated and been treated with nerfs before, are simply retarded. Stop making us play the way you want us to, and let us play however we want. You know, like you used to? Maybe you've already forgotten. It looks like you have.

Amen!!!! Typical lets make the F-en game harder and drive more players away..thats what GGG is doing and they don't see this?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
bye-bye wander builds
Btw guys this should be right unless there percentage was based off the current base values instead of scaling with the new ones given;

[95] 250,446,889
Added EXP for level: 15,285,490

[96] 279,248,281
Added EXP for level: 28,801,392

[97] 331,467,709
Added EXP for level: 52,219,428

[98] 425,107,336
Added EXP for level: 93,639,627

[99] 595,150,270
Added EXP for level: 170,042,934
Last edited by S0T0 on Dec 4, 2017, 7:27:02 PM
They have added almost the equivalent to leveling from 99-100, twice. Before, it was 4.25 billion exp. Now it will be 4.556 billion. Level 99-100 is .317 billion, and the cumulative experience gain is .305 billion over 5 levels.

Will it be more difficult to level to 100? Yes.
Do I have a 100? No.
Do I think this is a bad thing? No.
The hardest part about this is losing 45 million per death at 99-100 instead of the 31 million before.
Don't die!
Do you have a Family? Do you have a Job? Do you have a REAL LIFE? forgot lvl 100 its useless whit the penalty in the Background...kill the Penalty then its ok...xp comes whit the Time. Thats the only good thing in Diablo3....
"
cypherusuh wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Barrage
Barrage no longer has the additional projectile enchantment available in the Merciless Labyrinth. The equivalent Endgame Labyrinth enchantment now grants +1 additional Barrage Projectile (down from +2). Existing helmet enchantments are unmodified.

The additional projectile made this skill and enchantment combination the superior choice for bow/wand users. We want to ensure that there are several viable options for these characters.

are you saying, that you guys recognized and realized how OP and superior barrage is compared to ANY bow/wand single target, and you decided to nerf it BY REDUCING 1 PROJECTILE?
even with default proj number, PoB still hits as high as 8m DPS against shaper
are you guys actually know how to nerf stuff?

They certainly know how to nerf all the things that don't need nerfing.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
UbyTuesday wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
I strongly disagree with the XP nerfs, I think the vast majority of players have a dream to hit 100 one day and that just went out the window. I don't understand why the plight of the top racers, i.e. the people who do this for a living, would impact your decision so heavily. That seems like such a poor decision.

this

give the racers an event where they get 1 xp from all monsters.
xp nerf is utter trash for the game as leveling was already too slow in the 90s
"
Chris wrote:
We're going to be careful though, and just adjust it a bit at a time. In 3.1.0, this takes the form of small additional experience penalties at levels 95-99 that have the following effect:

• 95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
  • 96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
  • 97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
  • 98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
  • 99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

I'm basically fine with everything else but this is pretty unexpected. Not being able to or not wanting to chainrun beachheads and heavily use of sextants will make it an endless grind to get to 100 now imo. Obviously I have no clue if there will be some amazing xp gains from abyss stuff or new maps in general with the xp/h revamp for the layouts but right now this looks pretty frightening.
Why in the living hell did Righteous Fire get such a nerf bat?

The only recent absurd RF build didn't even use RotP and instead abused Occultist Ascencion. Yet RotP got the Nerf. Occultist can be night unkillable with Crank and Reckless Defense Jewels, and yet RotP got nerfed. Why?
"
Rise of the Phoenix
Maximum Fire Resistance granted has been reduced to 5% (from 8%). Life regeneration has been increased to 15 to 20 per second (from 6). New versions now also grant 40 to 60 Life (this cannot be divined).

rip my RF build that i created this week??? :((( i'm sustaining the fire damage very so so even with the pheonix shield but now...? big poppa RF will be deleted :( god help us in this very day
Last edited by liborio92 on Dec 4, 2017, 7:29:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info