Atlas Migration Information

"

Again you're missing the obvious. You can just ignore the stuff you have and play like they don't exist. Noone is forcing you to use them.

I do ignore the stuff and play like they don't exist. I only play the challenge leagues where I always start with nothing. Standard, I completely ignore. As far as I'm concerned, Standard is Void.
Really excited to see the new maps, and atlas :D LOUIE!!!!!!!
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.
"
xMustard wrote:
the game isn't balanced around standard.

This is only partially true. Consider the following - how many Abyss league maps do players have now? How much of their Abyss atlas is completed?

Keeping existing maps the same (in terms of not dropping Shaper or Elder items/ not being able to meet Elder Guardians) shouldn't affect the new Abyss league at all. Absolutely zero players will be able to move their maps from standard to the Abyss league.

Unless there is a technical reason for this (possible) all this change does is short change the players on standard. I think GGG needs to revisit their initial commitment to letting players keep their standard characters.

If I had known they would continually treat standard characters this way, I would have stopped playing after the beta. The primary reason I play leagues is to get league exclusive items for my standard characters, so that I can mix and match and try out whatever I want. I'm not in the game for the fresh new league. A lot of players don't play for that power challenge. Did GGG forget the MTG player styles they advocated before, and is the game becoming Path of Timmy/Spike?

If this is going to continue getting worse, I will have to say goodbye to Path of Exile.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"Legacy maps will not drop Shaper or Elder items" For what reason?

No more legacies pls ...
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"

Again you're missing the obvious. You can just ignore the stuff you have and play like they don't exist. Noone is forcing you to use them.

I do ignore the stuff and play like they don't exist. I only play the challenge leagues where I always start with nothing. Standard, I completely ignore. As far as I'm concerned, Standard is Void.

I don't really care what you do. I responded to the "I have a lot of stuff and that's why I don't play standard comment". That is complete BS. If you said I only play leagues because they have new items/bosses/mechanics/maps/etc that don't exist on standard I would agree. Saying you don't play there because of the items you have is 100% BS.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
but what the bonus objectives are will have changed.

Ok. Eglish isn't my 1st language, but should'nt it be "be changed" instead of "have changed". What am I missing here, can anyone explain?
so basically, your standard atlas is fucked
Why not just complete erase everyone's atlas? That would be the best way to approach the large change to the atlas.
thx for info but who cares. I never touch in perm leagues

=)
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
Rakiii wrote:
"Legacy maps will not drop Shaper or Elder items" For what reason?

because 3.1 forward maps are writed and designed to drop shaper/elder items. Something we didn't had in the past and didn't even exist.

So, it is a lot better and easier maps start to drop such items 3.1 forward than coming back and changing every single map of the game since old beta. Keep in mind some ppl still have beta maps in stash and would be literally a nightmare to GGG if they had to change this outdated items to new contents that they add to the game.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Dec 4, 2017, 11:48:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info