In every piece of prose, lies a tiny spark of magic.

Hey, now this weapon looks like the perfect match to the cakewalk glasscannon wanders will get to enjoy with reflect gone. Sling off countless attacks and spells without a care in the world about retaliation. How nice.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 28, 2017, 6:42:34 PM
"
My thought when I read this was to take Bladefall in the wand and since the wand is phsyical. I would assume I would be already scaling physical and unless i'm converting bladefall seemed like a great option. Especially with bleed/poison shenanigans.

The other thought I had was glacial cascade in the wand with ele conversion KB. for aoe clear. It could solve some single target problems at least in yellow/early red maps.

Great unique and it will be super fun to mess around with. :)

Any projectile spell can/will double dip a lot too. I'm thinking of doing added fire and herald of ash for the attack, take Elemental Equilibrium, and throw in Ball Lightning and Frostbolt into a DW set up. Fun with projectiles. Throw it on a Gladiator for free charges, attack speed, and defense plus tree proximity to proj damage nodes and lots of attack speed.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

The socketed spells have a cooldown applied to them by the effect that makes them triggered, which, like all cooldowns, will apply to all instances of the same skill that have that cooldown, anywhere. The skill's cooldown only affects that skill - the item can still trigger other skills, until all of them are on cooldown.

Can the cooldown be bypassed by expending Power Charges when using Cold Snap?

Edit:
Trigger effects can't bypass the cooldown of Cold Snap.

Source:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Trigger
Last edited by theGudOne on Nov 29, 2017, 3:14:19 PM
"
Kytten wrote:
I am hoping these drop like Sadimas. I want to see 2 or 3 of these things before level 60.

In the league perhaps a sum total of 2 or so will drop.
Always from the overtuned end boss only the money can touch.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
This looks like it has a lot of potential. Too much, maybe.
I could see this work well with frenzy.
Neat. Well, maybe.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
So not trying to be efficient in any way, what's the most memetastic build you could do with two of these? I'm thinking use KB with GMP and Volley for maximum memes in a chest socket, with Freezing Pulse, Frostbolt, EK, and Spark (along with their threshold gems) and Volley in each wand. The damage to mobs would probably be laughable, but the damage to my GPU would be sad.
"
tornshoe wrote:
So not trying to be efficient in any way, what's the most memetastic build you could do with two of these? I'm thinking use KB with GMP and Volley for maximum memes in a chest socket, with Freezing Pulse, Frostbolt, EK, and Spark (along with their threshold gems) and Volley in each wand. The damage to mobs would probably be laughable, but the damage to my GPU would be sad.

Replace Freezig Pulse and Frostbolt with Fireball and Ice Spear (dragon mtx and swordfish mtx obviously), and go Deadeye for free chain and extra projectile. Follow the bouncing projectiles!
Anyway, an easy calculation shows how broken this item is.

Let's say you have 4 atks/s (not even remotely hard with Frenzy+faster attack).

This item:
-Naturally 3L a spell.
-Adds a lvl 4 empower on top of that (So 4L)
-And the cast every 0,25s can be compared to a better CWC + channeled spell (so 6L). Much better actually since you get a spell every 0,25s instead of 0,35s (+40% more casts, almost like another support)

Better, you can DW that.

So, basically, a fucking lvl 12 item allows you to run a 6L AUTOMATICALLY (more or less) and without any manacost, can be used twice (so 2 6L used at the same time), without any investment and without any restriction (except being a wand, true).

Guys, even a bloody blade vortex can be max stacked without any investment.
Last edited by Keyen on Dec 2, 2017, 5:35:59 PM
So, given that apparently a lot of people think this is way op:
How do you actually attack that fast, for still meaningful damage? I mean, I read "when you attack" as on the actual attack. Or is it actually per hit?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
So, given that apparently a lot of people think this is way op:
How do you actually attack that fast, for still meaningful damage? I mean, I read "when you attack" as on the actual attack. Or is it actually per hit?

With absolutly 0 nodes:
-Frenzy used as the attack skill (X/20)
-3 frenzy charges
-Faster attack (20/20)
-Dual wield
You have 10% more AS, 91% increased AS for a total of 3,5 Atks/S.

I mean, it's really, really easy to get the cap. The most important thing is avoiding being a bit above (for instance 4,05 atks/S).

"
鬼殺し wrote:
The previous poster noted it's more like a free CWC, but not even that quite gets it right. It's just its own thing.
Yeah, I was a bit quick on this part, but in my head, CWC is something like "sacrifice 2 supports, set the cast speed of the spell to 0,35s with a +10% more damage in it and the manacost removed". It's not quite the same, but close enough.

Last edited by Keyen on Dec 2, 2017, 7:32:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info