Attempting to preview multiple posts always fails

Test environment

• Dodgy ASUS C300 Chromebook w/ 2 GB of RAM
  • Linux Ubuntu 17.10 x64
  • Firefox Quantum 57.0 (Stable release)

Reproduction steps

• Type up thoughtful response to someone.
  • Ponder it for a while, leave it in an open tab.
  • In a new tab write a post in a different thread.
  • Attempt to preview post #2. This should succeed.
  • Switch to the other tab, attempt to preview post #1. "Duplicate submission protection enabled. You may have submitted this form already. If you haven't then please submit it again."
  • Back to post #2, hit preview. "Duplicate submission protection enabled. You may have submitted this form already. If you haven't then please submit it again."
  • Repeat steps 5 & 6 ad infinitum. The error will never go away.

User Feedback

So how often do most people really do this? Well, the rate is non-zero. Especially in this day and age where every computer other than my dodgy "laptop" for my course has oodles of RAM and tabs have become the new bookmarks. The forum shouldn't hate on multiple tabs.

Reading the error message, I infer that it believes I'm posting a duplicate and is attempting to stop me. Except post #1 is about Increased Damage & Reduced Damage in General Discussion, and post #2 is about connectivity issues in Technical Support.

Maybe it just intercepts a second "submission" (they're only previews...) in X amount of time? I previewed post #1, spent ~70 seconds on Twitter, then previewed post #2 and it still happened.

This might be a petty complaint. But between this and the "token expired" message, I get multiple blocked posts a day every day because of this system. I wouldn't mind if it just flashed warnings before the user hit a button, but waiting for them to do so and then stopping them from doing whatever they're trying to do is sufficiently disruptive that I feel entitled to be petty.