[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

Loving the build, at the moment running the ULab is a breeze, and most maps around T12-14 (If I manage to drop any that is lol) are a walk in the park.

My setup is the following:
Spoiler

I was thinking about ways to ''transfer'' this build to a boss killing / guardian killing machine for when I'd have enough currency, but it would seem I'm not good enough at the game to figure out how to do so. If I didn't mind losing DPS on the totem itself, I'd probably switch the helm to something like an Abyssus or a Devoto's, the chest armor to a Kaom's and the weapon to a Disfavor. That would also imply relocating the dual wielding nodes in the tree. But I'm enjoying it as is for the moment, and I can't even afford half of these yet.

As for flasks, I still have not made the big changes to them yet. I prefer running instant recoveries hp with freeze / poison immunity
Spoiler

I think I still come too close to dying to really stop relying on those instant flasks... Would changing my flasks really give me some sort of a boost in survivability?
"
PsychoBamboo wrote:
I think I still come too close to dying to really stop relying on those instant flasks... Would changing my flasks really give me some sort of a boost in survivability?

Your profile at the forum is set to private, so i can't see your character to see which pot's you do or don't have.

Generally speaking Atziri's flask gives life regen and a damage boost, Rumi's massively buffs your defences and the Writhing Jar IS an instant health flask that also has the added bonus of granting you multiple charges and activating leech - then by default any time leech is activated, your DPS is buffed via the amulet damage bonus granted while leeching. That's the TL,DR about the flasks.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 20, 2017, 7:06:33 AM
"
Vickery wrote:
I'm now at L81 and having fun.

My main problem is surviving the traps in the lab, and I need a bit of help with why I'm failing at this side of things please.

From what I can see I am not gaining endurance charges when I kill the worms from the Writhing Jar. You mention previously that popping the jar before attempting dangerous trap sections helped to, but for the life of me I cant see how.

Basically I'm missing something here, so can you help me out?

You skipped the leech node down near Vitality Void and also forgot to take the "Cloth and Chain" node a bit to the left of that. Those two nodes alone account for 25% boosts to total Evasion, Armour and a good chunk of life leech and rate of life leech.

If you drop 3 of the 5% life node from around the Constitution life node circle, you can instead take "Combat Stamina" node and the two leech nodes leading to it. It's an effective loss of only two 5% health nodes, but you get a 30% Armour boost and two life leech nodes which add 1.8% more life leech per second (as well as one node that has 5% life on it anyway) - which gives you a significant ability to stay alive longer in traps

One of your other big issues is that your Bringer of Rain helm is terribly rolled (Missing almost 100% Evasion and Armour) and you have corrupted boots, which stops you from having any defensive buff enchanted to your boots.

Despite all of that though, I can tell you right now the #1 issue with your Lab death experience, is that you haven't followed the build guide & aren't using the Alt-slot weapons..... The combo of the Brightbeak and Pris Eclipse is what has you moving so quickly through the lab, the traps don't even have enough time to activate or trigger before you have already gone through them. Go back and have a look at the build guide video and the Lab clearing video to see how the build is meant to be used in the lab.
I'm away for the Christmas break now for a week or so. Glad to see so many of you have taken the build to the height's it's capable of. Hopefully you all get filthy rich stomping the Uber Lab with this build over the Christmas break, when not with family and loved one's.

See you all in the new year, Exiles.
What are you using to generate endurance changes? I get plenty of frenzy charges but not enough endurance. IS that what the unset ring is for? Should I just get a 4 +1 axe?

Also do you really need that sharper node? I haven't really run into mana issues but maybe im just not seeing it and its decreasing DPS in the background?
Last edited by ZB_one on Dec 19, 2017, 11:30:22 PM
"
ZB_one wrote:
What are you using to generate endurance changes?

Read the build guide.

"
Also do you really need that sharper node? I haven't really run into mana issues but maybe im just not seeing it and its decreasing DPS in the background?

It's mainly a quality of life boost that will see you lose the need for a mana flask while levelling. Later in the game when mapping though, it will help significantly to keep mana up against enemies that jump all over the place, as without the Shaper node on the skill tree, you sometimes run dry of mana and have to wait a second or so for it to charge up a bit before you can attack again. Having the shaper node means you never run dry of mana. It wouldn't often cause you to die in those scenario's, but it's beyond a pain in the ass to have random 2 second interruptions where you can't attack anything.
Thanks very much for this guide, I'm having loads of fun-- just did a full clear of merciless lab for the first time ever, and it was EASY.

Just one question, why do we run Hatred? Didn't see it mentioned in the guide, what does it provide to the build?

Ok many people here have problems understanding how we keep up endurance charges, myself included. A few posts above you say to pop writhing char to gain endurance charges but that can't be right? Did you ment frenzy charges? When I kill the worms I have a small chance to gain frenzy because of Blood Rage skill gem.
But the only way to gain endurance charges is with blocking thanks to the helmet. But that chance is so low I hardly ever get more than 2 endurance charges and nearly never when I kill normal mobs, even with 20%block chance of Rumis Flask.

In your guide you say:
"
As you move from pack to pack, you'll quickly gain Endurance charges and your killing and movement speed will just get faster and faster as all your other skill tree boosts kick in like Onslaught/Bleed/Leech/etc

So I have no idea how you keep up endurance charges and then you write in a reply:

"
Generally speaking Atziri's flask gives life regen and a damage boost, Rumi's massively buffs your defences and the Writhing Jar IS an instant health flask that also has the added bonus of granting you multiple endurance charges and activating bleed - then by default any time bleed is activated, your DPS is buffed.

So if I understand bleed correct it gives me a damage buff because of the ruthless support gem linked to sunder when my enemy starts to bleed. Ok but why does the Writhing Jar activate bleed?

So I checked all passive skills and gems and items and the things refering bleed are Chance to bleed and melee physical damage support which are both linked to the totem. I also can't bleed anymore thanks to Brutal Fervour ascendancy skill. Ok and then there is the passive skill Cleaving ( attacks have a 10% chance to cause bleeding)

But I don't see how any of this is related to killing the worms from Writhing Jar?
So far I only understand that killing the worms can give me frenzy charges and activate leech because of overkill from the Endless Hunger ascendancy skill point.

Sorry for all these questions but Im still new to the game and trying to understand the mechanics. Thanks for the Guide and I wish you a happy hollidays.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Vickery wrote:
I'm now at L81 and having fun.

My main problem is surviving the traps in the lab, and I need a bit of help with why I'm failing at this side of things please.

From what I can see I am not gaining endurance charges when I kill the worms from the Writhing Jar. You mention previously that popping the jar before attempting dangerous trap sections helped to, but for the life of me I cant see how.

Basically I'm missing something here, so can you help me out?

You skipped the leech node down near Vitality Void and also forgot to take the "Cloth and Chain" node a bit to the left of that. Those two nodes alone account for 25% boosts to total Evasion, Armour and a good chunk of life leech and rate of life leech.

If you drop 3 of the 5% life node from around the Constitution life node circle, you can instead take "Combat Stamina" node and the two leech nodes leading to it. It's an effective loss of only two 5% health nodes, but you get a 30% Armour boost and two life leech nodes which add 1.8% more life leech per second (as well as one node that has 5% life on it anyway) - which gives you a significant ability to stay alive longer in traps

One of your other big issues is that your Bringer of Rain helm is terribly rolled (Missing almost 100% Evasion and Armour) and you have corrupted boots, which stops you from having any defensive buff enchanted to your boots.

Despite all of that though, I can tell you right now the #1 issue with your Lab death experience, is that you haven't followed the build guide & aren't using the Alt-slot weapons..... The combo of the Brightbeak and Pris Eclipse is what has you moving so quickly through the lab, the traps don't even have enough time to activate or trigger before you have already gone through them. Go back and have a look at the build guide video and the Lab clearing video to see how the build is meant to be used in the lab.

Thanks Adam. I was following the build path from the video, so will go through POB and adjust things.

I'll also get some new boots and helm :)
hey

first of all, i love playing the build. levelling was really fun and mapping is too. played an earthquake/shield charge/gladiator build back in perandus (the last league i played)which was quite similar.

did the uber lab today and got 12 % increased sunder AOE on helmet; and no i'm not sure if this is diminishing my sunder effectivity because we use concentrated effect. but then again, the benefits of conc. eff. with "free" aoe sounds legit somehow.
what do you think?
Last edited by GsengteSau on Dec 20, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info