Can shaper's slam be dodged with spell dodge?

Does spell dodge give you a chance to dodge shaper's slam? Beat him for the first time today but took no damage from two separate slams I failed to avoid, did eventually die to a third later on. I do have atziri boots though, trying to figure out why I survived and if it's the spell dodge on those boots. or could it just be regular old evasion chance?
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2017, 7:46:36 AM
It's an attack, so you probably just got lucky and evaded.

Recommend poedb for finding out this sort of information.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 23, 2017, 6:18:49 PM
Its a ground effect, cant be doged or blocked
its a physical damage attack. it can be dodged blocked and evaded. also blind will work vs him, i just don't know if it needs to be where he teleports from or where he teleports to, but i assume where he teleports to.
"
FreedomOI wrote:
Its a ground effect, cant be doged or blocked

It's not a ground effect, it's an AoE Attack. Attacks can be evaded, blocked and dodged.

Ground effects include Burning/Chilled/Shocked Ground and Consecrated Ground. These are static AoEs on the ground that apply a buff to specific targets that are standing on the ground effect; Buffs cannot be blocked/dodged. Hovering entities (such as Raging Spirits) ignore ground effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info