defence question : 176% life + acro/phase acro or just go with 201% life

"
Shppy wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
acro if your a good player, life if your not.

Also depends how much the 25% life actually results in, as long as you don't enter a one shot threshold 30% dodge/spell dodge is going to serve you better than 500 life.

Unless hes a 85 max resist basalt/rumi's/TOH pathfinder, 5.500 life is nowhere near enough to escape the 1 shot threshold. Really not even 7500 life is enough in the worst map scenarios.

lol, maybe not enough to avoid the 'oneshot by things you shouldn't be hit by anyway' threshold, but 5.5k is way beyond enough to avoid oneshots from the kind of inevitable damage you can't help but take every now and then. Hell, my trappers rarely reach 4k and they don't get oneshot without a legit mistake on my part (that mistake usually being taking a big boss hit or surprise mechanic like Bameth showing up, not just letting mobs hit while clearing)

There is no way you are doing end game with that.

I'm talking about getting to level 100 doing nothing but T15/T16 maps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

There is no way you are doing end game with that.

I'm talking about getting to level 100 doing nothing but T15/T16 maps.

Did t16s deathless just fine with that in legacy, although i couldn't do shaper (sustained dps wasn't high enough to clear his 2nd/3rd stages before they became too vortex'd to keep up the avoidance)

red tier maps were easy though, including t16s and the guardians. Phoenix got mildly bullet-helly at times, but the ambient damage from birds and those flame cyclones weren't oneshots and that's all i really had to worry about taking an occasional hit from.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 23, 2017, 4:33:12 PM
Thanks a ton guys :)

Re-evaluated my tree and I am at 192% life with acrobatics. I dropped my power charges, phase acrobatics, and re-shifted a life cluster. Was able to squeeze more life, keep acro, and actually gained more overall damage and life from two new jewel slots. So overall I should be closer to 210%+ with three rare jewels. So i'll be between 6k and 6.6k life depending on gear rolls. 6k being shit tier rolls, 6.6k being perfect rolls. i'll probably land about 6.3k.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Thanks a ton guys :)

Re-evaluated my tree and I am at 192% life with acrobatics. I dropped my power charges, phase acrobatics, and re-shifted a life cluster. Was able to squeeze more life, keep acro, and actually gained more overall damage and life from two new jewel slots. So overall I should be closer to 210%+ with three rare jewels. So i'll be between 6k and 6.6k life depending on gear rolls. 6k being shit tier rolls, 6.6k being perfect rolls. i'll probably land about 6.3k.

um... you don't really wanna drop phase acro either, 30% spell dodge is about 42.8% more ehp vs spells. Not to mention the extra 10% dodge is another 16.7% more ehp vs attacks. On average that's better protection than the 20% or so inc life you'd give up to get it... that's like 7.4% more ehp, less if you get those 3 rare life jewels. Unless you're prone to letting yourself get oneshot by things you could avoid, PA is way better.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 23, 2017, 6:31:18 PM
easy fix :) I can drop 6k per trap or just drop 5% life to fix it. Had a mistake in my tree that had 3 extra points allocated in some bogus spot. got phase acro as well now.
Wow, approx 6.2k life and the whole acro cluster and you're a trapper? Should be very survivable. As long as you've got recovery figured out (Tinkerskin? Life Regen?) you'll be riding comfy for any content I've ever played (I play T15s on occasion, never played a Guardian Map).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
got to be honest, Id feel naked without 6k life in high tier mapping. I think 6,400 is my lowest one atm, and thats a lvl95 bow character with defense stats coming out of its ears. Coil, 46/40 dodge, 28k evasion blah blah. I think the changes were a good idea, hitting 5.5k life at lvl100? Im not sure that was a wise plan.
Yeah, the gladiator I used to do everything in Harbinger has 5.4k at 92 atm, and that's with belly. I only changed to belly after i'd reached 90 and done all endgame stuff and everything (decided a 6l belly is what i'd drop my fuses on, since i don't have one in standard yet).

Prior to that i was just using a cherrubim's (honestly just for the life and good armor/ev, and b/c it 6l'd for me early in the league. The chaos does virtually nothing for me... although i suppose the leech per sec helps slightly), and i had just over 4.8k upon hitting 90.

And prior to *that* I had gotten the same type of character up to 90 with worse gear (once i hit lvl 20 gems i decided to recipe them all to 20q and roll a new character from lvl 1 again)... when i hit 90 that first time i was at 4.4k. And with Lycosidae instead of Surrender. Only had 5 deaths outside of shaper upon hitting 90, and most of those were to guardians (and i think one bameth screen-wide vaal DD). 6 deaths to shaper in a combined 3 runs at level 89, if i remember right... probably shoulda waited til 90 on that one.

So... yeah. Can be done. Even on a melee. As long as you avoid the big telegraphed stuff that's supposed to murder you if you're hit, you really don't need that much life as long as you've got appropriate other defenses.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 23, 2017, 10:09:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info