War for the Atlas and Existing Standard Atlas Completion

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I am kind of concerned about how the new War for the Atlas and new Maps in 3.1 will affect my current Standard Atlas.

Don't get me wrong, the Atlas is fun and challenging and I am excited for the new content and mechanics, but like, I worked and spent a lot over several leagues to obtain and to clear the Perandus Manor and Hall of Grandmasters, you know? I'd like very much if at least the Unique Map completion Bonuses would remain between 3.0 and 3.1.

But any word, officially, about Atlas completion inheritance?

I'm a long-time, avid player and active supporter of the game, but I'm not L33T like the streamers and Shopkeepers... 300 chaos isn't 'easy" for me to get. So like, if I'm going to be supporting the game with real money and spending in-game currency to enjoy the most out of the game, I kinda want to be able to "keep" the more difficult stuff to obtain. If legacy Kaom's Heart is still a thing in the game, is ti too much to ask that my Perandus Manor completion in the Atlas also be mine to keep?

Last bumped on Nov 23, 2017, 2:38:13 AM
I don't see why it would reset.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
What will we get? As it seems, a 'complete new' atlas.

So, I guess/expect it will be the same as when the atlas was first introduced: the refreshed atlas (in permanent leagues) is emptied, and 'old' shape maps (from which we'll have three kinds then) will transform their atlas progress into (close to) equivalent 'new' atlas spots.
And I imagine that higher tiers of the old maps will (again) track their whole path within the atlas, as with atlas 1.0. (but on the other side, skipping that behaviour could give us control at the atlas completion progress, like in challenge leagues - without having to rely on new maps only - could also be worth a think)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Rip old atlas most likely.
When they first introduced atlas olds maps were retained and just adjusted to make it so they fit into the new scheme. I think this time will be the same between Atlas 1 and Atlas 2.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Last edited by Mr_Bill on Nov 22, 2017, 8:54:22 AM
thanks -- i feel reassured. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info