question about fire penetration support

so the gem penetrates x% enemy fire resistance. what if the enemy has 0%? does it take damage as if it had -x% resistance?

thx in advance
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 10:52:56 PM
Yes. Same with resistance reduction, and the two stack. There's no cap to how far down resists can go either.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I thought Penetration could not lower (max) resist below 0?
"
FAMO wrote:
I thought Penetration could not lower (max) resist below 0?
Penetration does not lower maximum resistance at all.

Penetration means the hit treats the (final) resistance value as being x lower than the actual value. Since resistance values can be lower than 0, it has no special interaction with 0 resistances, and will still treat them as x lower than that actual 0 value.
To be honest it's kinda weird that you can penetrate something that doesn't exist, from logical point of view. But well... it's just the game :D
"
Amongalen wrote:
To be honest it's kinda weird that you can penetrate something that doesn't exist, from logical point of view. But well... it's just the game :D

Just look at it this way, you're specifically aiming for weaknesses in their elemental defences (crit would be aiming for vital organs n stuff). If they have no special countermeasure against you attack, you can stiff aim for weak points.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info