The Periodical Fuck Censorship Association 11/19/2017

The Periodical Fuck Censorship Association extends it's thoughts and prayers to the censored, especially the recently censored. May your voice forever remain in notepad.
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2017, 12:42:09 AM
Have you ever reflected on the nature of why free speech is considered a Good Thing as a given? One would assume it is to promote a happier, healthier, and more productive society, yes?

Since I rarely dip into political threads in Off Topic, I can't say for sure if this type of thing would still be going on, but -- it seems to me that if one's use of free speech is purely to belittle or dehumanise your fellow human beings, that kind of defeats the purpose, especially if you are trying to exercise your free speech on a privately owned message board owned by a private entity.

It seems a rare person who recognises the fact that the "Right to Free Speech" granted by the US Constitution applies pretty much only to government control, and not the control of a corporation or other body.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Have you ever reflected on the nature of why free speech is considered a Good Thing as a given? One would assume it is to promote a happier, healthier, and more productive society, yes?

No, it is explicitly because some slopes are slippery.

The right to press, assembly, and to have a voice is not so everybody can be “free” to sing Kumbaya—if one were to presume a thing, it should be that this is not the kind of speech that needs protection.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Is this the new Trump thread?
Kek wills it.

I believe we were discussing whether Damon Young is a troll, a racist, or a secret Trump supporter strawmanning the Left from the inside.

I’ll drop this here, although if we were to resume discussion, I’d recommend beginning a thread titled “The United States and Its People, Press, Politics, Culture, Economy, Institutions, Foreign Relations, History, Future, and Existence” as to not be locked for “going off topic.” Now onto the reply...

Clearly a Russian agent.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
SuicideAll wrote:
The Periodical Fuck Censorship Association extends it's thoughts and prayers to the censored, especially the recently censored. May your voice forever remain in notepad.

The freedom to give one's opinion does not extend to making someone else use their printing press to disseminate one's opinion. The powers that be gave a lot more latitude than they needed to, for a longer period of time than I expected.

Nothing wrong with having some pleasant conversation at the dinner table instead of the endless family feud.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
To paraphrase the smartest Marx, I wouldn't want to speak up in any place that would accept what I have to say.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info