ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
deathflower wrote:
"
Now now, somethings must stay a surprise, I cant go around spoiling for all you. You would never forgive me. Just wanted you all to know there is something special coming.

I actually like reading spoilers.

Jon Snow kills Dumbledore.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Jon Snow kills Dumbledore.
You neglected to mention that Mr. Snow was actually a dead sled the entire time. Also, Dumbledore was Show's hallucination of who Snow always wanted to be, but was too scared to be.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 20, 2018, 1:13:18 AM
It's been a year. He's done so much. The next 7 are going to be just as glorious.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The Democrat's position has been made clear, for all to see. They value the well being of illegal immigrants over poor American children who need CHIP. That's not a winning position. That's a losers position taken in desperation. Politically, they're engaging in "scorched earth" policy here. I suspect there is going to be infighting in the Democratic Party over this particular issue, because making a stand like this, especially for Democrats in States that aren't completely blue, might have a hard time keeping their seats in 2018.

I can't be the only person who thinks this is political suicide for the Democrats. The Republicans just need to stand their ground on this particular issue, and if anyone asks, "Democrats value illegal immigrants more than poor American children who need CHIP", and #rekt. Doubling down on the types of positions which lost them the election, isn't gonna bode well for them in 2018.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 21, 2018, 5:48:09 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
The Democrat's position has been made clear, for all to see. They value the well being of illegal immigrants over poor American children who need CHIP. That's not a winning position. That's a losers position taken in desperation. Politically, they're engaging in "scorched earth" policy here. I suspect there is going to be infighting in the Democratic Party over this particular issue, because making a stand like this, especially for Democrats in States that aren't completely blue, might have a hard time keeping their seats in 2018.

I can't be the only person who thinks this is political suicide for the Democrats. The Republicans just need to stand their ground on this particular issue, and if anyone asks, "Democrats value illegal immigrants more than poor American children who need CHIP", and #rekt. Doubling down on the types of positions which lost them the election, isn't gonna bode well for them in 2018.

What concessions have the republicans made exactly, or are you just saying the democrats should just lie down and take it in the ass while the republicans pass whatever they want even if it's terrible? You could also just as correctly interpret it that the Republican president cares more about deporting innocent people who came here illegally as children than he does about funding programs like CHIP.
Schumer: This is a robbery! Give me all your DACA or I swear to God I will pull the trigger!

Trump: No.

BANG!

Schumer: This terrible tragedy is all Trump's fault.

-----------

Edit: I'm not the first to use this type of analogy, by the way...

"Speaker Boehner comes in and he says basically… it’s sort of like this: Someone goes into your house, takes your wife and children hostage and then says ‘Let’s negotiate over the price of your house.’

You know we could do the same thing on immigration. We believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say ‘We’re shutting down the government. We’re not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform.’ It would be governmental chaos."
— Chuck Schumer, 2013
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 21, 2018, 11:01:23 AM
The problem with all of this is that the government being shut down does not matter and 99.9% of people are not affected and no one cares, except it sounds scary and foreboding to say "government shutdown"

The shutdown could last 10 years, barely no one will really care and people will just get used to it as the new normal.
"

What concessions have the republicans made exactly, or are you just saying the democrats should just lie down and take it in the ass while the republicans pass whatever they want even if it's terrible?

There are consequences for losing an election, and the Democrats need to start acting like adults, rather than spoiled children who're salty over losing. If the Democrats want DACA, then they're going to have to give Trump every single penny he wants on The Wall. That would be a compromise, and the Democrats aren't willing to do it.

There will be no DACA without *lots* of money for The Wall (15-20 billion). They can stop playing games, and come to the table and negotiate like adults. And acknowledge that they're in no position to make overwhelming demands. If they think they're going to use funding the government as leverage to get out of having to fund the wall to get DACA, then they're insane. That's going to backfire on them.

"

You could also just as correctly interpret it that the Republican president cares more about deporting innocent people who came here illegally as children than he does about funding programs like CHIP.

The Democrats aren't even willing to vote through CHIP on the side, while still using funding for the government as leverage. That just tells me the Democrats hate American kids, and love people who jumped the border as kids.

Also, House Republicans already voted on the matter. They voted to fund CHIP, and fund the government. Trump is ready to sign the House Republican's bill. He's not taking CHIP hostage to get funding for The Wall from the Democrats, like they're doing with DACA.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 21, 2018, 1:23:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info