ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Khoranth wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
Wasn't sure where to ask, so I'll do it here xd

Any interest in some other countries political topics?

like say

"Brexit and the EU"?

All this Trump talking leaves one exhausted.

Well ignore this thread and make a thread called something like "Euro-politiks discussion"

The problem you may have is Americans generally are not that interested in foreign politics, not nearly as much as foreigners are interested in USA politics, at least.

The British royal family being the one exception. Americans are obsessed with the British royal family, for some reason I dont quite grasp.

Ok.

I think I'll make one later today/tomorrow. The old thread stopped around 2016, so it should be alright to make a new one.

Brexit is in chaos anyways, nothing changes.

Would be nice to shift focus away from the United States of Soviet Russo-America for a while.
"
Bottom line:

Racists want "the wall"

Non-racists don't.

Hey Charan, looky look.

By the way, I'd like to discuss global politics but not sure how Support would react. They closed several GEOTUS threads because of "off-topic".

Oh almost forgot, that study you linked seems to be bullshit. This """""""""fact""""""""checker puts the net cost of illegal immigration somewhere between "54 billion a year" (righty who's trying to find out the real numbers and not some inflated bullshit) and "fundamentally I think that's the wrong question to ask" (lefty with the classic feels over reals).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-how-much-does-illegal-immigration-cost-america-not-n950981
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 17, 2019, 8:30:44 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

Oh almost forgot, that study you linked seems to be bullshit. This """""""""fact""""""""checker puts the net cost of illegal immigration somewhere between "54 billion a year" (righty who's trying to find out the real numbers and not some inflated bullshit) and "fundamentally I think that's the wrong question to ask" (lefty with the classic feels over reals).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-how-much-does-illegal-immigration-cost-america-not-n950981

Oh I didn't see that edit, until now.

Usually I wouldn't call the peer reviewed science paper 'bullshit' and then go to a mainstream media site's article interviewing a bunch of dubiously funded, agenda-driven non-peer reviewed think tanks.

Why did you cherry pick the highest cost mentioned in that article? (which itself is about 4 times less than what Drumpf pegged it as)
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Usually I wouldn't call the peer reviewed science paper 'bullshit' and then go to a mainstream media site's article interviewing a bunch of dubiously funded, agenda-driven non-peer reviewed think tanks.

Why did you cherry pick the highest cost mentioned in that article? (which itself is about 4 times less than what Drumpf pegged it as)

Have you read the article? It's the only cost someone was willing to give. The other guys (leftists) all pussied out.

And peer reviewed means nothing.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/academics-bust-leftist-peer-reviewed-journals-with-fake-papers-on-dog-rape
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Have you read the article? It's the only cost someone was willing to give. The other guys (leftists) all pussied out.

And peer reviewed means nothing.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/academics-bust-leftist-peer-reviewed-journals-with-fake-papers-on-dog-rape

So the Heritage Foundation put a net cost of 54bn for undocumented migrants, the ITEP think tank a net benefit of 12bn it seems. Third one says nothing.

All in all pretty bad reporting to be honest. Heritage Foundation is not exactly scientific nor peer reviewed, and is also clearly biased.

I don't know why you wouldn't actually find a science paper refuting it?

Have you been to university? Hint: Try google scholar.

The peer review process: It's hilarious you just trivialised the instrument of modern societal and technological evolution and civilisation.

It's not perfect, but it's the best we have. Especially with impact rankings.
"
rojimboo wrote:

So the Heritage Foundation put a net cost of 54bn for undocumented migrants, the ITEP think tank a net benefit of 12bn it seems. Third one says nothing.

All in all pretty bad reporting to be honest. Heritage Foundation is not exactly scientific nor peer reviewed, and is also clearly biased.

I don't know why you wouldn't actually find a science paper refuting it?

Have you been to university? Hint: Try google scholar.

The peer review process: It's hilarious you just trivialised the instrument of modern societal and technological evolution and civilisation.

It's not perfect, but it's the best we have. Especially with impact rankings.

Dude I can't take you seriously if you choose to act like this. It's just too funny to me. You're peak Reddit.

The 12 billion number is not a net benefit by the way. It's just the taxes they pay without any costs included.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Dude I can't take you seriously if you choose to act like this. It's just too funny to me. You're peak Reddit.

Since when have you taken anyone seriously in this satire thread?

"
rojimboo wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
Nevermind the fact that immigrants to the US contribute a lot to the economy, are less criminal than native citizens, but happen to be of the wrong colour usually.The last point being the most important, I'm sure, for some.
You know what I call someone who keeps bringing up the color of people's skin when no one was talking about it and it has nothing to do with the subject matter?
Let's not be naive here, and think it has nothing to do with the subject matter, hmmm?
YOU are the one looking to what skin color the immigrants are, then talking about it as if it is relevant. It's not. Period.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
YOU are the one looking to what skin color the immigrants are, then talking about it as if it is relevant. It's not. Period.

Not liking Polish immigrants was one big part of Brexit. The Poles are probably one of the most homogenously white country in the world. Unless people want to argue that Britanistan is anti-white, the entire "everyone who wants a real border is racist" thing doesn't make sense.
"
The Poles are probably one of the most homogenously white country in the world.

The schlesians might consider your attempt on calling them polish insulting.
Maybe it would be safer to differentiate between slesianwhite and slaviwhite?
Oh fuck, i invented two new colours.
Oh fuck, i said colours with u, now the other english dudes get upset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jan 17, 2019, 1:50:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info