ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
Let me guess: You do not believe that the US are already preventing too many of their population from voting? How would you like to shape your voting stock, then?

How about one simple question: what's the difference between the house, congress & senate? unfortunately, this would probably eliminate over 50% of US citizens. I bet a higher % of foreigners in the USA can answer this than % of Americans.
"
1453R wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Political affiliation should NEVER even be considered by the power in place when it comes to immigration.

Why would Republicans ignore the FACT that they will lose power in the country if they declare amnesty? Of course it should be considered.

Republicans control the White house, Senate, House AND almost all the States as well: in Governors, state house/senate.

Why on earth would they do something, on purpose, to give away control of the country to Democrats? The whole point of politics is to win, not lose on purpose.

And here I thought the point of politics was to lead one's town/state/country and try to make it a better place to live.

Silent Gods, no wonder all my political notions my whole life have been wrong. Here I was thinking that government was supposed to be in place to help people, but all it's really there for is so people can have something else to win at. It's like the most boring professional sports league in Creation.

If only I'd known.

I disagree. Partisan voters who are willing to back their candidates regardless of how terrible they are, is amazing to watch.
"
deathflower wrote:

I disagree. Partisan voters who are willing to back their candidates regardless of how terrible they are, is amazing to watch.

I hope the last presidential election encourages more people to get involved in their parties primaries.

Ted Cruz is going to primary Trump in 2020!
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

I hope the last presidential election encourages more people to get involved in their parties primaries.

Ted Cruz is going to primary Trump in 2020!

The last presidential election is mostly proof that both parties should be torn down with fire and that we need serious and extensive reform at the highest levels. Not that people need to become slavish, legally-bound obedient slaves of whichever party they decide to register for.

neither party is worth me deadlocking my vote and being FORCED to universally and fanatically back every single decision they make, as registering for said party so I can participate in a primary forces me to do. Screw that forever.
"
1453R wrote:
The last presidential election is mostly proof that both parties should be torn down with fire and that we need serious and extensive reform at the highest levels. Not that people need to become slavish, legally-bound obedient slaves of whichever party they decide to register for.

neither party is worth me deadlocking my vote and being FORCED to universally and fanatically back every single decision they make, as registering for said party so I can participate in a primary forces me to do. Screw that forever.
Oh, don't be so melodramatic about registering. If people of conscience don't participate in the primaries, the sheeple will ensure the general election is establishment v establishment, with no chance of a populist win (ex: Obama v Romney 2012). Primary votes are far more important than general election votes — surely you realize this. So pick the primary you want to participate in (I'm registering Democrat after the midterms are over) and pick your pony... and if no populist earns the nomination of the party you "sided" with, oh well, just stay home on election day, no biggie.

I mean, shit, man, you remind me of MGTOW: you know the game, you understand the battlefield, your anger is righteous... and yet you still insist on cucking yourself.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 11, 2018, 1:56:22 PM
^ Plus, a lot of local elections candidates run unopposed, or are heavily regionally biased towards one side such that candidates run virtually unopposed. At least around here, not sure about other localities. The only chance (for me) to vote for my local officials is to pick who goes on the ballot. Although even then there’s seldom any real competition...
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
CNN had a seven person panel going on because the GEOTUS called Haiti and El Salvador shithole countries. Top kek.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
a lot of local elections candidates run unopposed, or are heavily regionally biased towards one side such that candidates run virtually unopposed. At least around here, not sure about other localities. The only chance (for me) to vote for my local officials is to pick who goes on the ballot. Although even then there’s seldom any real competition...
it's amazing how misinformed people are about how politics even work. I hate to say it but this thread is a prime example of this... so much focus on one man in Washington DC, and they probably don't even know the name of their representative in their state's legislature, much less who else could run for that seat.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 12, 2018, 2:10:05 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Oh, don't be so melodramatic about registering. If people of conscience don't participate in the primaries, the sheeple will ensure the general election is establishment v establishment, with no chance of a populist win (ex: Obama v Romney 2012). Primary votes are far more important than general election votes — surely you realize this. So pick the primary you want to participate in (I'm registering Democrat after the midterms are over) and pick your pony... and if no populist earns the nomination of the party you "sided" with, oh well, just stay home on election day, no biggie.

I mean, shit, man, you remind me of MGTOW: you know the game, you understand the battlefield, your anger is righteous... and yet you still insist on cucking yourself.

I respect your general attitude here, but I recommend at least showing up to vote, even if it's for nobody or a joke candidate (for example: Snoopy, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, etc). There are usually things like referenda (referendums?) and other elections to vote on as well, at least in my state. If you don't show up you really don't matter at all and can be safely ignored.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

I respect your general attitude here, but I recommend at least showing up to vote, even if it's for nobody or a joke candidate (for example: Snoopy, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, etc). There are usually things like referenda (referendums?) and other elections to vote on as well, at least in my state. If you don't show up you really don't matter at all and can be safely ignored.

Estimated voter turnout for the 2016 general election is listed as ~55%, at least per Wikipedia (don't grief me on this, I don't memorize these statistics because Wikipedia exists for a reason). If we assume half of the remainder (~22% of the country's population, let's say) had decided to protest the shitty primaries in this manner, by showing up to vote for whichever third party had the goofiest name?

Let's discount 7% of that total as folks writing in Snoopy or Gandhi or whatever (though if we're heading for a nuclear war anyways, Gandhi might've been a good choice KEK KEK). So. 15% of the country's population voting third party purely as a protest over the shitty primaries giving us a shitty GE, splitting that vote count between a number of candidates. Call it ~3% total U.S. population per third-party stooge, in addition to whatever portion of the regular GE vote they already managed to get.

A question: is this enough to get those parties into the debates next time? I legit don't know, the rules and regulations behind campaigning are baroque as hell and I don't know how to research them. Even if it's not though, imagine the message that sends to these people - both the Repubs and the Dems scored roughly ~45% percent of the 55% total voter turnout, so rightabouts ~25% of the total population of the country voted for their candidate.

Imagine the horror on these people's faces when very nearly the same percentage votes for someone outside their little sandcastle war entirely. 25% Dem, 25% Repub, 22% Other.

I'd love to see the response to that from the bloated corpsebeasts currently running this place into the ground.
Last edited by 1453R on Jan 12, 2018, 10:47:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info