ROFL That was funny for Christmas.
Censored.
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Goodbye, Europe. It's been fun, but it's time to braindrain you.
Immigrants From South of the border to the USA are already Christians usually, so they do not require assimilation, they just need to learn English.
Do you seriously believe that religion is the biggest factor of assimilation??
Even if it was, Catholics aren't Protestants.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
The largest Christian community in the USA is catholics.

And in the USA, religion is a major factor for assimilation, the United States was founded and built on Christian values.

So it would best serve the USA to bring in immigrants from Christian cultures in South America and Africa.
The new guy has thrown values of any kind out the window, so until he's removed it's all about bigotry and racism.
"
The new guy has thrown values of any kind out the window, so until he's removed it's all about bigotry and racism.
It's not actually possible for someone other than yourself to throw out your own values.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
faerwin wrote:

It is. For any religion that also claims to be a political system - a political system completely incompatible with the United States Constitution.

For faiths that don't make such political claims, they may or may not be the biggest barrier to assimilation. You'd have to take them on a case by case basis for evaluation of such a truth claim.
"
Kamchatka wrote:

And in the USA, religion is a major factor for assimilation, the United States was founded and built on Christian values.

So it would best serve the USA to bring in immigrants from Christian cultures in South America and Africa.

Hum sure of that? it was protestantism years ago, granted lot of mexicans make a lot more catholics.

*edit*

Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies newsletter published March 2017, based on data from 2010, Christians were the largest religious population in all 3,143 counties in the country.[17] Roughly 46.5% of Americans are Protestants, 20.8% are Catholics, 1.6% are Mormons (the name commonly used to refer to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), and 1.7% have affiliations with various other Christian denominations.[2] Christianity was introduced during the period of European colonization.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Dec 24, 2017, 12:14:00 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
It is. For any religion that also claims to be a political system - a political system completely incompatible with the United States Constitution.
"I have been crowned the world's leading gay Jewish disabled immigrant with a black husband who's also a sexist, a racist, a homophobe, a transphobe, an islamophobe and a neo-nazi. Well I'm here to tell you, only islamophobe is true." — Milo Yiannopoulos
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

Hum sure of that? it was protestantism years ago, granted lot of mexicans make a lot more catholics.

*edit*

Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies newsletter published March 2017, based on data from 2010, Christians were the largest religious population in all 3,143 counties in the country.[17] Roughly 46.5% of Americans are Protestants, 20.8% are Catholics, 1.6% are Mormons (the name commonly used to refer to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), and 1.7% have affiliations with various other Christian denominations.[2] Christianity was introduced during the period of European colonization.

I don't think protestants like being lumped together, otherwise they would have all stayed Lutheran.

Pretty sure Catholic is 1, Southern Baptist 2, when you break down Christian faith groups properly, in the USA.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Dec 24, 2017, 1:59:53 PM
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

*edit*

I don't think protestants like being lumped together, otherwise they would have all stayed Lutheran.

Pretty sure Catholic is 1, Southern Baptist 2, when you break down Christian faith groups properly, in the USA.

It's pretty fair to lump them all together.

If the (actual) topic is that Islam isn't compatible with USA values, then all muslim sects have already been lumped together. I wouldn't separate Catholicism out from other forms of christianity either, if we're painting with such broad strokes.

I am of the opinion that traditional muslim values aren't compatible with our laws, but I don't think immigration laws/practices can do much to stop that. If someone is trying to immigrate and you ask them if they believe in X, nothing stops them from lying and saying "No", so what's the point? We don't have mind-reading technology.

Maybe just ask anyway, I guess. If they're dumb enough to say "Yes" to the questions "Are women property and should you stone them for adultery?" or "Is slavery acceptable?", then we don't want people that dumb anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info