ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

oh yeah you think that whole a.i. thing is not real? I raise you this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxrmussq4E
*Sigh*

OTL

Somebody puts a bog-standard industrial-type servo arm of the sort we've had for actual decades now on a mobile chassis, and suddenly it's evidence of the Robot Uprising? That machine isn't doing anything its engineers didn't tell it to do. Frankly I'm impressed rather than scared, that's a neat bit of machine vision integration. Getting machines to see and properly recognize things like doorknobs is a lot harder than most people figure it is.
Wow... so the left's fantasy about how Trump isn't the reason for the koreas being so close now, has evolved into "robot uprising against humanity"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

#TrumpDerangementSyndrome ... at it's most amusing.

Please Trump, win a second term... I want way more of this comedy your enemies have to offer.
I think the situation with Korea is mostly all show. What I'm really interested in is what kinda deal Trump had to make with the Chinese to get them to apply more pressure? If he simply cucked out on tariffs to get the Chinese to tell North Korea to play along, then that's a terrible deal. It's obvious to me that the Chinese are using North Korea as leverage against the USA. That just has "bad deal for the USA" written all over it.

The US businesses need tariffs on Chinese imports. Are we going to start making more stuff in this country again or not? Tariffs are the way to encourage that.

Then instead of everyone being encouraged to get a college degree, rack up tons of debt for a degree that's not likely to pay off, some of those people will settle for decent paying manufacturing jobs instead.

Trump has gone full cuck.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 1, 2018, 10:00:57 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
As for drone strikes? I do not and never have understood the terror and disgust with them.
It is the difference between looking your enemy in the eye, and never seeing the high yield explosive that could, if it wanted to, any time it wants to, hit you in the eye...

It takes a special kind of sociopath to develop such a fetish for drone strikes.
@CHP: lul.

The way I see it, sending 10 elite troops to kill 100 Islamic terrorists is more honorable than using drone strikes not because of looking your foe in the eye, but because the likely loss of 1 elite troop life is less than the likely civilian collateral damage of using drone strikes to do it.

What's strange is that you're both arguing as if Obama was more pro-drone than Trump is, when reality is the opposite: drone strikes in the Middle East have increased dramatically since Trump gained control of the US military. Civilian collateral damage is a much bigger problem under Trump than it was under Obama, almost as if he meant it when Candidate Trump promised to go after not just terrorists but their families too.

As for the argument that predator drones are just things and not people, I call bullshit because missiles don't grow on trees. Money is time and time is life. A single drone missile costs $70,000, which means each time one is fired, it's as if 14 random American families were sentenced to one month of slave labor each in order to pay that cost (median US household income is roughly $60k). Actually, it's worse than that; instead of paying for it now, the US government borrows the money, so it's actually 14 months of slave labor plus interest. Wasteful spending is like a leech sucking months away from the lives of future generations.

The US military conducted over 2600 drone strikes in 2017 in Yemen alone. That cost over 3000 US man-years of income. Assuming a person works 50 years before retiring, the cost of that is just as bad as enslaving 60 typical US teenagers and working them until they die, on top of the actual casualties.

I like Trump for many reasons, and I like that he hasn't "started" any new military interventions in the region. However, I'm staunchly against his administration's decision to drastically escalate the slaughter in Yemen at the obvious behest of the KSA, and if I don't see some serious winning in the region followed by full cessation of military action I'll eventually be forced to peg him as yet another pawn of the military-industrial complex.

I could add a comparison to Hillary Rodham Felon here, but I won't. Why? Because Trump won, get over her already. We can't keep comparing our President to the worst thing to happen to the Democratic Party since the KKK. Are our standards really that low?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 1, 2018, 11:34:02 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
drone strikes in the Middle East have increased dramatically since Trump gained control of the US military.

Still not a fan.

In other news: I’ve been listening to NPR interview candidates in the approaching midterms, and I’m left with this conclusion: Democrats have invested in a cheap cache of common sense, and they’re looking to dump it fast.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I think the situation with Korea is mostly all show. What I'm really interested in is what kinda deal Trump had to make with the Chinese to get them to apply more pressure? If he simply cucked out on tariffs to get the Chinese to tell North Korea to play along, then that's a terrible deal. It's obvious to me that the Chinese are using North Korea as leverage against the USA. That just has "bad deal for the USA" written all over it.

The US businesses need tariffs on Chinese imports. Are we going to start making more stuff in this country again or not? Tariffs are the way to encourage that.

Then instead of everyone being encouraged to get a college degree, rack up tons of debt for a degree that's not likely to pay off, some of those people will settle for decent paying manufacturing jobs instead.

Trump has gone full cuck.

If Trump facilitates peace in Korea he automatically becomes a legendary president; like up there with Ronald Reagan and Abraham Lincoln. Of course it is a good deal with China.

It will be the #1 thing people remember and credit him for...legendary
Last edited by Khoranth on May 2, 2018, 5:41:30 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Why is it somehow desirable for people to work low-skill grunt labor jobs in dangerous Fifties-era slave-camp manufactories instead of getting skills and shooting for jobs somewhere above 'decent paying' in the actual modern infrastructure?

Assembly lines stuffed with people turning one crank all day are a thing of the past. Have you seen modern manufacturing methods and standards? Human assembly is actively discouraged. Machine automation is increasingly not only preferred but required, for quality control and reproduceability standards. It's baked into the documentation. To get the good jobs in modern manufacturing you NEED training. Not a four-year general education degree, no - get your two-year tech certificate in a job-focused technology course, and Welcome To Job Town.

Be a machine operator. Be a CNC technician. If you hate life and/or want an excuse to be a misanthrope, be I.T.. Don't be a programmer; the market's cluttered with programmers and graphic designers, unless you've got real standout skills or something else to sell alongside your programming you won't generally get as far as you will with hard machine training. Nevertheless - be the sort of person businesses all over are scrambling their asses off to get into their modernized production facilities, not the sort of person Rockefellers exploited eighty years ago.

Eighty-years-ago jobs don't exist anymore. Stop pining for them. Get new jobs that pay better, are safer, produce higher quality stuff/services, and actually advance human society a little bit.

"
1453R wrote:

Why is it somehow desirable for people to work low-skill grunt labor jobs in dangerous Fifties-era slave-camp manufactories instead of getting skills and shooting for jobs somewhere above 'decent paying' in the actual modern infrastructure?

There are skilled trades jobs that are directly tied into the manufacturing industry that pay as much or more than people with 4 year degrees.

Not all college degrees are equal. If you go for something silly, like Liberal Arts, you might just be stuck working at Walmart with your degree maybe getting you a lead position in a couple of years. I can't even imagine how bad it would be to get stuck with a no demand degree, and get shoe horned into a Walmart lead position, LMAO! Let's say you're a female, or an effeminate male, and make an extremely poor choice for a major, this could be you. Congrats! That's what I call #rekt.

"

Assembly lines stuffed with people turning one crank all day are a thing of the past. Have you seen modern manufacturing methods and standards? Human assembly is actively discouraged. Machine automation is increasingly not only preferred but required, for quality control and reproduceability standards. It's baked into the documentation. To get the good jobs in modern manufacturing you NEED training. Not a four-year general education degree, no - get your two-year tech certificate in a job-focused technology course, and Welcome To Job Town.

I've walked through a Toyota plant before in recent years. They got robots doing most of the heavy lifting, but they still require humans for some of the more intricate details. And things are going to be like this for the near future at least. Some of these jobs pay better than decent money.

"

Be a machine operator. Be a CNC technician. If you hate life and/or want an excuse to be a misanthrope, be I.T.. Don't be a programmer; the market's cluttered with programmers and graphic designers, unless you've got real standout skills or something else to sell alongside your programming you won't generally get as far as you will with hard machine training. Nevertheless - be the sort of person businesses all over are scrambling their asses off to get into their modernized production facilities, not the sort of person Rockefellers exploited eighty years ago.

Skilled machinists can make 6 figure incomes in many areas of the country. Overtime factored in. It's a dirty job, you're going to get cuts, bruises, metal splinters, etc. Not really a trade that's for effeminate male types. Also, it's pretty technical, and not really a job for low IQ people. Machinists are the 2nd best paid technicians in industry, second only to engineers. Yes, they make more than the IT guy, and the secretary, and the human resources people.

Which is goes into the point I was making. Skilled trades jobs can may as much or more than college degrees. An increase in manufacturing jobs means that we're going to need more machininsts/welders/assembly people.

I used to work for a company that made packing machines. Lots of small intricate parts, and it would have either been impossible, or extremely costly to have robots assemble these machines. The assembly workers had to know measurements, tolerances, and how to read blueprints. It was a technical job. And a very good paying job. Assembly also had to test the machines and do basic QA, before passing it off to final QA.

People with 85 IQ can learn how to be plumbers. Even a very good plumber. Licensed plumbers make very good money anywhere in the USA, and if you got a master license and are a 1 man solo operation, you can make well into 6 figures. I know a guy who quit HS, learned HVAC and pluming, got a master license in both, and I guarantee he makes at least triple what a retail manager makes. With a mighty 10th grade education.

Plumbers and HVAC don't have to worry about getting laid off due to a recession, or bad economy. Most people have been around toilets their whole life, but never took the time to take the top off one, and have a look at the flush valve. Really simple part. Yet most people would gladly dish out money to have a simple part fixed. Something someone with 85 IQ can figure out, but they're too lazy to even give it a quick glance.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 2, 2018, 9:14:52 PM
I laughed.

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info