Rework capture the flag achievement

Up until Fall of Oriath expansion, I had 3 achievements left:

1. Reach 90 lvl in a Hardcore league.
2. Roll a 6 link with an Orb of Fusing.
3. Capture a flag.

To me, the first two are obviously the most difficult achievements to get. The third does not belong to a list of difficult achievements; its more or less unobtainable as nobody plays capture the flag.

I've spent a few weekends trying to find people to do this achievement, by sending messages in the global achievement/challenge channel. A few players will read my message, enqueue, nothing will happen in 5 minutes and they will leave the queue. The game doesn't let players stay in the queue and do content, so they just leave. At no point was I able to even enter a capture the flag arena, much less actually capture a flag.

From my perspective, an achievement is the game developers way of saying "here, we want you to try this in our game". Since no one seems to play capture the flag, I wonder why this mode is in-game, and even more, why there is an achievement for it. This taunts me to pointlessly try over and over to find people to do it. Reading the forum posts, this has been the case since at least 2013. I can't help but wonder why a player is expected to do multiplayer content in which little to no interest is shown.

A re-work of the capture the flag achievement to something more achievable would be great. A similar re-work was done for the cutthroat achievement, where a player had to be killed in a cutthroat league. To do that one, I had to get up at 4 am (before work), in order to join a league that lasted 2 hours. This was one of two opportunities presented in the entire 2017. It was definitely not enjoyable, but at least doable.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
Last edited by Frostride on Nov 19, 2017, 5:31:22 PM
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2017, 10:05:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
YES! Rework or remove it completely.
years of pvp neglect made even hld deserted.

I played pvp sarn maybe 2 time since 3.0. It is a shitfuck of 1 shot billion projectiles and unkillable troll builds with blight/scorched abusers.

3 vs 3 ctf is same with team of offscreen fireball 3 screen aoe and 5k es regen on block builds.

SO yea none is playing this crap anymore.

waiting the day GGG will care about pvp again.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 19, 2017, 10:06:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info