Allowing more than 2 seconds of AFK time while out of town.

Hello, this is my first time posting anything here.

As a casual player of POE I do have only one reason I do not play this game more often.
That reason being, when I am in a zone killing mobs enjoying my time I sometimes hear this faint noise coming from my kitchen that just keeps getting louder and louder. This noise is produced by my wife.

Yes I know what am I on about? I will then walk out to the kitchen to be confronted with a question that she could have simply yelled out to me.

Anyway upon my return 5 seconds later.. my character is dead. This is the most frustrating thing with POE. I would love to be able to run to the toilet when my character is out of town and not come back to me either dead or almost dead.

Maybe there is something that can be done to help this, such as a invisibility potion for when your chanter is not moving to avoid having to port back to town?

If anyone already has a work around for this or some tips I would greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,

Last bumped on Nov 19, 2017, 9:49:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Make sure all the mobs nearby are dead and run back into an area you've already cleared, hide in a little corner niche or something. I do this all the time and never come back to a dead character. Also, make sure you aren't attending on burning or desecrated ground.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Opening inventory, clicking a portal scroll and clicking the portal.

This entire procedure takes like a second to complete (and then you have like 10-15 minutes before portal/zone expires).

If you're wife will go batshit over a 1 second delay. You might want to consider some changes to your life.
Using a portal is the safest, but to deal with the wife aggro there is something you need to do first.

Explain to her the brief mechanics of maps, in that you have a set amount of times you can leave.
Secondly state that most maps are done in about 5-10 minutes and you will be happy to assist with her growing list of chores then.

IF she complains, try equating it to something she enjoys doing and hates being disturbed. Be it reading her book or watching a youtube video, it would be distracting to be interrupted several times in a span of 10 minutes right.

Most times people are receptive to waiting 5 minutes.
They just want feedback that they were not ignored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info