Allow Players to Ban Certain Unique Drops (Loot Allegiances)

I think that at some point in the game players should be allowed to choose a one time perk that bans a certain set of uniques from ever dropping on that character while also boosting the probability of receiving another set of uniques.

For example just like in the world of Harry Potter there were the Gryffindor, Slytherin, HufflePuff etc houses. We should have the PoE version of that where you can be a member of the Kaom Alliance for example and their Hyri and Kaom items will be 2x as likely to drop for you, but Shavronne and Maligaro will be forbidden from dropping on your character.

Then there could be the Jeweler's Club where the rarest Unique Jewels are 2x as likely to drop for you but uniques that grant either HP or ES will be banned on your character.

You could also have an Atizi faction that gives you a 10% chance of dropping 2 Atziri uniques when you defeat her instead of one. But it will reduce your exalt orb drop rate by 90% in exchange.

Now of course the critera of what is boosted and what is banned should be far more nuanced than this. But the idea is that you can create a situation where a player has to choose between having the possibility of a getting 2 Atziri Disfavors or Acuity's in one run vs gaining a lot of exalted orbs in the normal way.

The entire market would be effected by this in a positive and interesting way. As niche loot alliances may only have a small number of players that join it. Thus making certain items that are currently seen as junk gain more value as they will become much rarer.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 8:26:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Waaaaaaaay too complicated to impliment an alliance like this that would be pass qa with a fair rating. iteould be almost gaurunteed that one side would be better than the other. And then it would take a while for the unchosen side to pump up the value until it is the desirable side.and then once they balance out, you have about half the population choosing one or the other at a roughly even split, you essentially end up with the same economy state we have now.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Nov 19, 2017, 2:04:06 AM
What's the point if you can trade for those items. Most drops are trash anyway even with 2x the chances. That's why people run the same map over and over just to farm div cards which are the only relaible way.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Nov 19, 2017, 2:17:13 AM
"
BearCares wrote:

But the idea is that you can create a situation where a player has to choose between having the possibility of a getting 2 Atziri Disfavors or Acuity's in one run vs gaining a lot of exalted orbs in the normal way.

Your system is easily abused. See this example, I can join #TeamUber and increase my chances of dropping, if they dont get nerfed, gloves worth 100ex. Price of that is reducing my exalt droprate. Who wouldnt do this?

P.S. Exalts in today's PoE can reliably be farmed. Exalt droprates no longer matter.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 19, 2017, 2:32:33 AM
Diablo 3 have a loot system that actually work. You gambled for the item tape with chance to drop unique of that type, or you convert a rare to unique of same type with currency cost.

One suggesting I suggest is to have divine card being weighted , like runes in D2. This allow you to convert/ upgrade a set to cards to another. If the cards have same weight age, have a dialog box so players can pick the variant they wanted to upgrade. This system reward more hard work, instead of pure rng. .
No.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Well I made a suggestions to put prophecies into the game a year before prophecies league and everyone told me what a bad idea it was and how unnecessary it was. I'm pretty sure something like this will be implemented at some point and everyone will be like "Oh nice addition GGG!"
"
BearCares wrote:
Well I made a suggestions to put prophecies into the game a year before prophecies league and everyone told me what a bad idea it was and how unnecessary it was. I'm pretty sure something like this will be implemented at some point and everyone will be like "Oh nice addition GGG!"

Except, additions like prophecy league and how easy it is to implement into the game could have and I can probably garuntee has been suggested in a variety of flavors over the years. I'm sure just about any "predicted" suggestions probably have dozens of threads that you could point to both past and in the future. So arguing that you are somehow superior at suggesting ideas for the game is r/iamverysmart territory here.

As for d2, I never got to play it but regardless I will reiterate, implimented the teams of drops would be incredibly too complex for the sake of staff to make its impact on the economy be balanced. And when it does balance out, you will pretty much have the same economy we have now, only there is now a literal teeter totter system built into it rather than a more figurative one that we already use called... Supply and demand...

All you are ultimately and more simply suggesting is smart loot. And like many D3 related features. I play this game because it is this game. I will play D3 when I feel like it. I don't know how many people stand on my side of this issue but the moment this game becomes too D3 like, you will see at least a noticable chunk of players dissappear to find the next great d2 clone probably with some people ironically or unironically posting #notmygame as they leave. As long as they keep pumping out path of exile the way they ahve been since open beta, I will buy a supporter pack when I can. But I do keep an eye out for any potential crossing of the D3 line, no matter how unlikely it seems.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"

All you are ultimately and more simply suggesting is smart loot. And like many D3 related features. I play this game because it is this game. I will play D3 when I feel like it. I don't know how many people stand on my side of this issue but the moment this game becomes too D3 like, you will see at least a noticable chunk of players dissappear to find the next great d2 clone probably with some people ironically or unironically posting #notmygame as they leave. As long as they keep pumping out path of exile the way they ahve been since open beta, I will buy a supporter pack when I can. But I do keep an eye out for any potential crossing of the D3 line, no matter how unlikely it seems.

The idea that a supposely rival game have a features, you shouldn't have it?

If something is to be implemented, or not, it should be base on merit of it, not because some other games have it already. The idea is to implement ideas good for the game (obviously subjective)shouldn't be base on rival or attempt to copy.
"
KiadawP wrote:
"

The idea that a supposely rival game have a features, you shouldn't have it?

If something is to be implemented, or not, it should be base on merit of it, not because some other games have it already. The idea is to implement ideas good for the game (obviously subjective)shouldn't be base on rival or attempt to copy.

My point was what I was trying to address was that I like path of exile for what it is on a whole. I don't mind D3 for what it is on a whole, I still own it but I haven't touched it since binging Ros because I enjoy poe for what it is too much. But both are good at what they do because they have taken entirely different routes at addressing the genre of this type of game. D3 is clearly meant for a much more casual audience on a whole where there is almost constant progression of gear, even after you've reached a fairly high and acceptal level of gear stats, they seem to keep adding more ways to never be done min maxing gear, while also pretty much being fully geared fairly quickly, hence the two weeks and done for the season memes about it now.

On poe end, while I'm still pretty casual and don't go for min maxing top tier builds each league, I enjoy the complexity of it versus what is offered in D3. Hence, yes if they add features that are what make D3 or any other game that is out there that operates in the same vein of super casual accessibility to gear such as deterministic loot and such, my interest in PoE will drop. And I know I am not the only one. Not just because the trade centric stance of this game would be gone, but just on the very principle of the complexity of the core game systems shrinking.

So while it is petty to say that I would leave if it copied too many things from another game of the same genre, I am picky about what constitutes what makes and breaks the game for me. If these were say the first games of the genre ever, I wouldn't exactly be complaining that one stole the rarity system from the original game or crap like that, I'd only care that one game is too clearly sliding into being a clone of the other, especially if it is the game I chose to play because it is then losing the identity that I fell for.

And for the same or similar reasons, I'm willing to bet a decent chunk of players feel the same. And doing something that is absolutely objectively against the core concepts of the game we have now would directly lead to people leaving, at least until they return to the status quo that was expected.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info