[3.0] Bleed/Poison DOT Dual Strike Assassin

Hey guys, been a longtime lurker on the forums and have recently tried making my own builds with varied success.

One build I THINK kinda didn't suck is this Bleed/Poison DOT Dual Strike Assassin, using dual Rives.

I made it because I like to bash shit up close and I like bleed. Strongly inspired by Say_Ten's Dual Strike Assassin

Take a look: https://pastebin.com/zH2LzUdi

At a glance:

ATTACC
APS: 7.75 (hopefully 8 to stack bleeds in a second)
Bleed stack at 8522.8 per stack, Crimson Dance, Bleed Duration 7.45
Extra Poison for increased Maim chance more than anything (though poison stacks are welcome at 100% chance and 8865.8 damage per stack).
Shaper DPS including Poison (not including Bleed): 171547.9

Use Bladefall to curse with Assassin's Mark and switch out for Increased Crit Strikes and PCOC for bosses.

All values are with flasks up.

PROTECC
5156 life (a bit squishy)
21812 evasion
30/6% block/spellblock chance (with Rumi's)
Attack Dodge 30%
Arctic Armour

FLASKS
Rumi's, Atziris and Witchfire for free Vuln (for bosses) for now.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by samlzy1993 on Nov 18, 2017, 9:30:50 AM
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2017, 11:12:02 AM
BUMP. Any feedback guys?
I have absolutely no idea on the build but I'm attempting to do something similar. I'm not very good at linking items and all that but my character is AzraelOfFlame.

I was trying to go for something like a poison/bleed build where I could hit the mob/boss as many times as possible very quickly then move out of stuff while still maintaining good damage on the mobs/boss.

Our trees are somewhat similar toward the shadow area but vary once going south. You now have me thinking of doing a duelist and focusing on bleeds instead of poisons.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on a poison/bleed build and utilizing all the ailment nodes or just going duelist and focusing on heavy bleeds?

Edit: Another thing up near the Vile Toxins point you have two points into 10% chance of poison on hit. If you go lower to the Dirty Techniques point you can actually get 10% poison to hit there as well as 30% more chance of bleeding. Just since it's still 2 points either way may as well get the free bleed chance.
Last edited by CaptainInzane on Nov 20, 2017, 1:28:41 PM
"
CaptainInzane wrote:
I have absolutely no idea on the build but I'm attempting to do something similar. I'm not very good at linking items and all that but my character is AzraelOfFlame.

I was trying to go for something like a poison/bleed build where I could hit the mob/boss as many times as possible very quickly then move out of stuff while still maintaining good damage on the mobs/boss.

Our trees are somewhat similar toward the shadow area but vary once going south. You now have me thinking of doing a duelist and focusing on bleeds instead of poisons.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on a poison/bleed build and utilizing all the ailment nodes or just going duelist and focusing on heavy bleeds?

Edit: Another thing up near the Vile Toxins point you have two points into 10% chance of poison on hit. If you go lower to the Dirty Techniques point you can actually get 10% poison to hit there as well as 30% more chance of bleeding. Just since it's still 2 points either way may as well get the free bleed chance.

Hey man sorry been in Indonesia.

I'm kinda the wrong person to ask about this since I'm a complete noob at making and optimising my own builds. Can't see your character right now as I'm using my phone.

I picked assassin because it had closer access to int nodes (for the bleed duration on Rive). Also, it had more chance for bleed for a single Ascendancy point than Duelist does. And since not making use of the poison would make no sense for taking those Assassin Ascendancy points I decided to do a bloison build instead.

I don't see why you couldn't do a duelist bleed build but the aim would shift somewhat. I'll have to check the POB again before I make a concrete statement, but I might use something else other than Dual Strike for it since there's an option for sick block chance.

Also IIRC the chance for both bleed and poison is at 100% on my build. I dimly remember optimising some points here and there to get both.

Anyone else has any opinions about this build? Advice is always appreciated.
Too bad that gladiator ascendancy is much better for this :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info