why does turmoil merge to standard and not harbinger?

why?
I was enjoying my new character and looking forward to playing out the rest of harbinger league with it,
now I see it merges to standard after the race is over there is no point in playing it.

sadface.
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2017, 1:58:29 AM
It has always been like that. Nothing merges with the temp leagues.
Also you have like 3 weeks to play harbinger still.
"
Fapmobile wrote:

but why? if turmoil ends in a few days and harbinger has three weeks left it makes no sense to merge it to standard I don't get it.
Challenge Leagues are designed to be closed-circuit game universes. You're intended to play each league as one game meta-session. With that design goal in mind, it makes no sense to merge to any temp league, ever. If any merging is done, it's one-way with a permanent league.

The game developers don't want you to play Turmoil to reward your other-league characters, they want you to play it to play Turmoil. In their eyes, your Turmoil characters are as good as deleted once the league ends.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
that's kinda pointless unless you play standard its just for a chance at getting a prize? so get to level 90 or whatever and quit with least investment as possible unless you are competing for top of ladder there is no reason to continue playing the character you made even though there is three weeks of harbinger left oh boy.
Those events always get merged with their parent league or voided.
Turmoil was derived from standard league (no Harbingers in Turmoil), thus when it ends it goes back to standard, where waves of loot from turmoil are but a drop in the ocean.
Would it go to Harbinger, it'd skew this environment a lot - thus it does not; but afaik that wasn't even the thought that went into the decision. Events have always been either totally isolated (i.e. voided after the event) or were merged with standard (and HC, of course).

It's the same when you die in Harbinger HC - your char goes to standard, not Harbinger SC.
And, yes, Turmoil and Mayhem (even more so, since it'll be voided) are just that: races with uncommon game mechanics. You play them for fun, the prizes or, if you're very competitive, for a top ladder rank.

Moreover, what happens after an event ends is always mentioned in the news post about said event. Sorry you missed that.
However, you can still play your character in standard - so if it was a lot of fun, it's not lost.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
NekoHanten wrote:
that's kinda pointless unless you play standard its just for a chance at getting a prize? so get to level 90 or whatever and quit with least investment as possible unless you are competing for top of ladder there is no reason to continue playing the character you made even though there is three weeks of harbinger left oh boy.

All leagues go to standard at some point so from your point of view everything is pointless (?)
If you manage to hit 90 in 10 days or less, then 3 weeks should be plenty of time on harbinger to do what you wish.

These 10 day leagues even have a guaranteed mystery box and it only takes lv 35.
Last edited by Fapmobile on Nov 18, 2017, 9:13:28 AM
"
NekoHanten wrote:
why?
I was enjoying my new character and looking forward to playing out the rest of harbinger league with it,
now I see it merges to standard after the race is over there is no point in playing it.
sadface.

GGG did you a favor by not merging into Garbinger. Standard is the same thing as Garbinger, only it doesnt have those annoying mobs.
"
NekoHanten wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:

but why? if turmoil ends in a few days and harbinger has three weeks left it makes no sense to merge it to standard I don't get it.

Because of the high amount of wealth being possible to generate at 10-day event(s).
It would've negative impact "on the Harbinger economy".
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Because of the high amount of wealth being possible to generate at 10-day event(s).
It would've negative impact "on the Harbinger economy".
Negative impact on who?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info