Please remove experience Loss.

No experience lost at death not equal no death penalty. Obviously there should've punishment for death, the idea is to find the balance between encouraging people to take on tough contents while not being glass cannon.

Currently, most players including streamers, 'solved' the exp lost issue by tackling easer content there is nothing skillful about that. At the same time, I bet many people rage quit the game due to this, which doesn't help ggg or fanbase eventually.

Great design should be rewarding players to do tougher contents, not punishing people to do so, which is what the exp lost does. There is literally very little reward to do higher tier tougher maps , compare to lower difficulty ones or beachhead.
Experience loss for casuals only starts to become a problem somewhere between levels 90-95. I resonate with the OP, when you're a working class family scrub like me who can only play 1 hour a day and spend more time micromanaging your stash than running maps, that 10% loss hits like a train and makes you feel you just wasted an entire week of your limited time.

I'd prefer a more complex formula which would still constitute a heavy penalty, but without making it feel like you're tilting at windmills. Maybe something which could take into consideration previous exp/h, which the game already tracks, with whatever other multipliers they feel like throwing in. In other words something which wouldn't reset the entire progress for those playing sporadically, so that they can be kept on the treadmill and in the payment loop.

Judging by the game's success through the previous years though, the elitist business model seems to work just fine. That's why I don't think the penalty will change, at least not in the foreseeable future. My best advice for those annoyed by the death penalty: come to terms with the fact that you are a casual, and just stop playing that which antagonizes you instead of entertaining you.

From the other hand I must admit that I do enjoy xp lose.
In fact i believe GGG should increase further penalty to something about 20%.
When I reach lvl 100 I feel like losing something very important. It no longer matters whether i play like a noob or pro. Dying means nothing to me and neither I feel rewared for playing smart.
I simply delete my character and stop playing as I really hate what is called "Story mode" so i have no interest in creating new build (This is also why im not playing Hardcore, i simply can't stand lvling through act 1-10).
No its time to feel the xp loss now with junk builds even on lower levels without vaal pact.
no
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Be careful what you are asking for when you suggest removing experience loss.

GGG would want the average time till 100 to be the same.

GGG would want "death" to still be a penalty.

The only method I could think of that would cover both of these things (not to say there are not other options) is the following:

1) Starting at 68 increase XP till next. This would feel quite absurd by level 90. Hardcore players would be up in arms.

2) Make it so you cannot enter an instance again if you die. This would have the side effect of removing the Zerg option for bosses.

Any "alternative" to experience loss, and yes there must be an alternative, would be disliked by a different group of people for different reasons. It is just changing one group of complains/concerns with another.

By the way I prefer my two suggestions to the death penalty. I'd add making so people who log-off cannot reenter the same instance to kill instant log-off as a battle technique at the same time.
I am on board with removing xp-loss if they also remove the option to play SC.

Spoiler
no
Last edited by Frankenberry on Nov 18, 2017, 9:30:00 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

i've been playing POE for almost 7 years and never wanted to reach it, useless grinding for so low reward

Entire game is grinding for small rewards. Everyone decides for themselves which of those small rewards is important to them, and there are plenty of players who play for xp and leveling ...
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 18, 2017, 9:41:39 AM
I think exp lost is bad and it's main reason each league feels empty and abandoned so fast.
Casuals simply can't handle it, and trade is collapsing because of it.
"
Elua wrote:
I think exp lost is bad and it's main reason each league feels empty and abandoned so fast.

The real reason for empty leagues is that most of the time the league sucks. Perandus and Breach were kicking until the end dont know about legacy as it got extended. Garbringer was a big failure there is no denying in that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info