dx11 crashes, dx9 fps-drops - what2do?

when i run game in dx11 everything smooth - until i run out of memory
-cus its a x64-version, thus no cap on ram usage(?)
is there any way to cap memory? cus i know my other x64 programs/games dont behave like this

when i run in dx9 or dx9 ex, i get no stable dps..
the game stutters in an unplesent way,
NOT a big thing me dying sometimes to rng, but its very unplesent to play with this constant nag

other things
when i install game on ssd(master) loading-screen is so fast i dont see the loading tips,
when its on slave mechanical - loading-screen takes so long it crashes the game sometimes...

What HHD should i install POE- ssd or mechanical - master or slave hdd matter?
Last edited by krillerill on Nov 17, 2017, 5:39:07 PM
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2017, 9:49:33 AM
i set texture quality to medium and play in dx11..
this still gives me 'no ram'-failure, but it takes alot longer now..

so its a tips for anyone in same situation as me.
(or play in dx9 with no ram failure)

also, fyi guys at GGG - something is really wrong at your end... consorning this ram usage..

poe wiki, poe forums and poe game - ALL use to much ram!
there deffinly are some kind of memory leak on your platform.

my guess, you are hacked and hacker puts backdoor in poe wich cause incoherrence in this memory usage, but i dont care really, NSA hacked my computer long ago anyways
Last edited by krillerill on Nov 18, 2017, 8:41:27 AM
As you said, it's a memory leak. Having same problem both in browser and in game pretty much explains it.

What's your RAM usage in idle after fresh reboot? And which OS are you using? Also what are your PC specs? As far as I know master/slave drive management is not present anymore since there's AHCI. Last time I used master/slave was more than 10 years ago.
Last edited by sharky3010 on Nov 19, 2017, 1:40:19 PM
References (100): Line 2,479 (weapon draws/shaders.) This only affects the DirectX11 version as far as I can tell (DX9 version too unoptimized for me to bother testing.)

Getting this error twice triggers a FULL O/S crash, instantly rebooting the machine.

Affected operating systems: Linux (ALL 64-bit distros), Windows (7/8.1/10 64-bit) | The Steam release is also affected!
Last edited by bvanharjr on Nov 18, 2017, 11:47:46 AM
"
sharky3010 wrote:
As they said, it's a memory leak. Having same problem both in browser and in game pretty much explains it.

What's your RAM usage in idle after fresh reboot? And which OS are you using? Also what are your PC specs? As far as I know master/slave drive management is not present anymore since there's AHCI. Last time I used master/slave was more than 10 years ago.

did they say it is a momory leak?
cus i was the one who said it, and im not GGG, all i seen GGG said that they had a memory leak, in the past, that they say is fixed

yeah, master/slave is old as hell, now we have 'active partion'(?)
anyway, you get my hdd question anyways?

my specs are
win7 x64, 8gb ram, 8gb swap or whatever its called in win/english, i5-4670k@3.4ghz, nvidia GTX 660 4gb
all drivers are updated and such, ONLY game that fails for me is POE

"
bvanharjr wrote:
References (100): Line 2,479 (weapon draws/shaders.) This only affects the DirectX11 version as far as I can tell (DX9 version too unoptimized for me to bother testing.)

Getting this error twice triggers a FULL O/S crash, instantly rebooting the machine.

Affected operating systems: Linux (ALL 64-bit distros), Windows (7/8.1/10 64-bit) | The Steam release is also affected!

huh?
Last edited by krillerill on Nov 19, 2017, 12:48:09 PM
"
krillerill wrote:
ONLY game that fails for me is POE

That doesn't rule out the fact that might be a problem at your end, In order to prove that the game is the problem as you suspect we must rule out that your system is malfunctioning.

As you said, the memory leak withing PoE was fixed. Considering you're among the handful of people that have this problem as you presented it I think it's either a hardware problem or an OS problem.

Now let's see if I'm right or wrong:

Since you belive it's a memory problem I recommend using THIS to check your RAM Ussage/Allocation after a fresh start and then again after you run the game. Post the 2 screenshots here please after you've done that.

It should look like this

As you can see in the screenshot it show if you have a memory leak and you can see exactly where it's located: either an app, driver, pagged file etc.
Last edited by sharky3010 on Nov 19, 2017, 1:39:19 PM
"
sharky3010 wrote:
"
krillerill wrote:
ONLY game that fails for me is POE

That doesn't rule out the fact that might be a problem at your end, In order to prove that the game is the problem as you suspect we must rule out that your system is malfunctioning.

As you said, the memory leak withing PoE was fixed. Considering you're among the handful of people that have this problem as you presented it I think it's either a hardware problem or an OS problem.

alright, i appriciate the help, this tool is new to me so i dont know what to look for..

here is the first - after a fresh reboot.

second with game open

- now, as i let time go by, having the game open & hitting the refresh button in RamMap
the 'process private / active' just keeps growing, i thought perhaps it was loading of new models as other players came into town, so i went to my hideout but still the number keeps growing..
as if it just load more and more game content without clearing any gamecontent that isent relevant for me.. or such..?

5 maps into gameplay my rammap looks like this

at this point, going into town = disconnect from game since gameloading now takes +40 sec

also, every visit to highgate seems to add another flat amount ~100-200 mb of ram usage, even thou i have visited this town before in the same session.

im no scholor of computer sciences..
but it seems game just is stupid and dont know it already loaded things - and keeps loading them again and again without releasing anything? aka memory leak..?

so,
how can i go in depth and find out why and how this is happening in dx11 version & not in dx9 version?

Last edited by krillerill on Nov 20, 2017, 6:47:45 PM

What you can try is to run your system with just one Ram stick, if you have 2x4. If you don´t, just grab another one from a friend and try again.

This should give you the best hint about your hardware. It´s done the same with GPU´s and it´s the only reliable way to actually troubleshoot things.

While software is all fine and dandy, it´s still better to just swap hardware, as it could just be a compatibility issue with your specific RAM manufacture or timings...

Btw.

DX 11 crashes are almost always GPU related, either drivers or compatibility, especially with OC cards, that run into issues with VRAM. If you have artifacts, blue screens or screen freeze, it´s highly likely that the VRAM is at fault.

DX11 is much more vulnerable to these things than DX9 was, which is a Microsoft problem and has a lot to do with how DX 11 behaves in a non clean environment like if you have other programs installed / running.
"
Ygidua wrote:

What you can try is to run your system with just one Ram stick, if you have 2x4. If you don´t, just grab another one from a friend and try again.

This should give you the best hint about your hardware. It´s done the same with GPU´s and it´s the only reliable way to actually troubleshoot things.

While software is all fine and dandy, it´s still better to just swap hardware, as it could just be a compatibility issue with your specific RAM manufacture or timings...

Btw.

DX 11 crashes are almost always GPU related, either drivers or compatibility, especially with OC cards, that run into issues with VRAM. If you have artifacts, blue screens or screen freeze, it´s highly likely that the VRAM is at fault.

DX11 is much more vulnerable to these things than DX9 was, which is a Microsoft problem and has a lot to do with how DX 11 behaves in a non clean environment like if you have other programs installed / running.

yeah, not gonna happen, the problem is poe not my hardware
my system and hardware are in fine shape and i can play other dx11 games without trouble,
i dont even have BSOD/artifacts/freezes in poe..
i do have fps drops and stuttering, but thats only in dx9

i just run out of ram cus there is an obvious memory leak in poe
& GGG seem to think its all normal and sweep it under the rug with
"x64 have a higher ram-cap then x32.."

proof?
every town visit adds pretty much the same flat amount of allcolated ram usaged..
the proof here is that i can fill my entire ram just by visiting the SAME two towns,
wich is proof the game dont know it already loaded thoose specefic towns - so it loads them again.. and again.. and again.. filling my ram.
(the problem occurs in maps aswell, no ram is ever free'd up until i quit poe)

i was only wondering what i could do to help GGG find the problem..
since not all have this problem it must be cus of some drivers/setting i have on my end..
(still a poe only problem thou)

i dont want help determin what ramstick of mine is broke
(non are cus the 'no ram avalible' has ever only occured in POE)

but thanks anyway, it is good knowledge to switch out ramsticks, if you ever have real ram problem
Last edited by krillerill on Nov 21, 2017, 1:42:37 PM
Can you confirm one more time with few screenshots in the RAMMAP like this:

Go to processes tab and stort by TOTAL memory used to have highest usage on top of the list.

The same like before, after running game and after few maps.

Last edited by sharky3010 on Nov 23, 2017, 8:46:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info