Has there been a change to weapon effects?

Early in Harbinger I had to buy 2 of the same type of effect mtx to have dual weapons have the same effect.

Yesterday I was only required to use one effect on a weapon and it transferred over to the other. I changed effects, weapons, unequiped one then both weapons, and the application of only one effect was carried over to the other weapon. This worked with all seven mtx weapon effects I have.

Glitch or new feature?
*** Dedicated MTX Collector ***
"You don't fail at the game by not killing every single boss, you'd fail by continuing to play after it stops being enjoyable."
- Egalisator
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2017, 1:55:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Supporter pack weapon effects dual effect. Only the spereate ones will not inherently dual skin an effect afaik.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Supporter pack weapon effects dual effect. Only the spereate ones will not inherently dual skin an effect afaik.

Challenge league rewards (weapon "glows") also work for dual-wielding.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"

Challenge league rewards (weapon "glows") also work for dual-wielding.

I was going to add that as well and for some reason "reminded" myself that no, only supporter effects did. I don't know how my mind did the mental gymnastics to reassure myself of this logic. XI
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Heh. The logic is that if you can buy it (and only it), then you can buy two if you want to dual wield it. Otherwise, if you get it for "free" (as a challenge reward, as a free "gift" for purchasing supporter pack points, or even for the Twitch promotion*) then you can't reasonably be expected to just "buy another one" so you're granted two.

*I was gonna link my Purple Weapon Effect but it won't load for some reason, maybe because I'm on mobile
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Heh. The logic is that if you can buy it (and only it), then you can buy two if you want to dual wield it. Otherwise, if you get it for "free" (as a challenge reward, as a free "gift" for purchasing supporter pack points, or even for the Twitch promotion*) then you can't reasonably be expected to just "buy another one" so you're granted two.

*I was gonna link my Purple Weapon Effect but it won't load for some reason, maybe because I'm on mobile

Never try linking on mobile. Or heavily editing a post. You can probably tell which posts I make during down time at work versus at home on my computer. Heh.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info