Purpose of new melee support?

"
sidtherat wrote:
it wont do any single target damage: when facing one enemy you will hit just once thus wasting both Ancestral Stuff and Melee Splash

Good point, I was going off the video + memory of the gem description, thought it would be similar to Volley, oh well
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
It’s a huge boon to melee clear speed, which was desperately lacking on many namelock skills. It’s better than multi strike for clearing because it’s instantaneous instead of successive. You can likely also combo it with multi strike for nine hits if you have something that really benefits strongly from extra hits with secondary effects.

Also has worm blaster potential with southbound.
Yeah, my only thought on this is it allows more clearing flexibility for the single target skills. Then for single target you either use a different link setup or you swap another multiplier in for Ancestral Call.
It will work moderately well with the new pseudo 5/6L rare shaped/eldered items. Now, if the other "moar" supports will get toned down, it will make a lot more sense.

But we're talking about GGG and "ballet" - whoops wanted to say "balance"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
GGG trying to do ballet... No. Buffet? Maybe. 6% buffet.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Nov 18, 2017, 12:18:48 AM
THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING WITH GLACIAL HAMMER SPLASH AND FLICKER STRIKE :D
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
The purpose of the "support gem" is to distract melee players from the fact that GGG still has yet to solve dick when it comes to the issue of melee.

GGG:
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so we came up with ranged melee attacks.
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so we came up with melee spells.
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so we came up with melee totem.
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so we barely adjusting targeting
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so just click 20 times more you will hit something eventually.
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so added more effects so you can't see anything to click on.
Hey melee players still having issues hitting things? ok so how about you stop playing melee?

Hey melee players still having trouble with surviving? ok so we made fortify that is decent for you but better and easier to use for players who do not even play melee.
Hey melee players still having trouble with surviving? ok so we made more bosses that have mechanics that only punish you.
Hey melee players still having trouble with surviving? ok so we made more mob mechanics that only punish you.
Hey melee players still having trouble with surviving? ok so we made armor, evasion, block, dodge, and ES worse.
Hey melee players still having trouble with surviving? ok so how about you stop playing melee?

Hey melee players still having trouble with damage options? ok so you can convert to elemental or go physical see you have 2 options this is a buff (although that drastically limits what you can scale because everyone who does not play melee can scale whatever however with no limits but it works out because you guys get well at least you have target....I mean survive...I mean damage...well your characters look cool.
Hey melee players still having trouble with damage options? ok so we give you 5% increase this is a buff (also we raised monster health too so it cancels so you really did not getting anything but it looks like we did stuff so that is close enough right? this is a buff.)
Hey melee players still having trouble with damage options? ok so how about you stop playing melee?

Melee Players: "fuck this i am going to Grim Dawn/Wolcen/Lost Ark/Torchlight/back to D3 (fuck that game)/read a book/etc."

Also smile more this is POE for fucks sake
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
kaaay, as far as i got this, it's better to compare this with multi strike than melee splash, yes.

I think i'll give all benefits from the actual main strike, meaning it'll create three times as many projectiles with shit like molten strike and wild strike.
What if you surround the boss with multiple worms from the flaks jar and use molten strike on the worms?

if I understand each worms hit would pop it s own molten right? so you will have 4-5 time amount of projectiles on boss if you succeed?

What with breach portal gem? you could then just 1 shot bosses if in tiny rooms?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 18, 2017, 2:04:48 PM
or you can just use Sunder

if it takes 2 extra links to turn single target skill into gimped AOE setup then this gem fails to impress me in any way

single target skills need mad % increase not some weird Multistrike mutation

but, lets wait and judge after release - maybe there are some surprises (unlikely by the look of things - spell cascade is MILES better than this junk and it is not that spells needed any help in AOE department

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info