Is AOE still gonna be dogshit in 3.1?

Aoe skills hit 3 pixels around your character
Projectile skills hit the entire screen
#balance

I want aoe skills back. Hello, GGG... come on...
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2017, 8:33:08 AM
Nothing wrong with aoe if u ask me tbh xd and if projectiles hit the whole screen wouldn't that count as aoe to begin with?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
aoe is a bit crap atm, just look at the popular skills, few are aoe based. No more Reave, EQ sees much less play. Spells are ok i guess, but those are typically applied by something else (totems, traps/mines/etc) or different abilities are used which self target or where aoe is less relevant.
"
13elial wrote:
aoe is a bit crap atm, just look at the popular skills, few are aoe based. No more Reave, EQ sees much less play. Spells are ok i guess, but those are typically applied by something else (totems, traps/mines/etc) or different abilities are used which self target or where aoe is less relevant.

Projectile spells are ok. EK Nova hits the entire screen, Frostbolt hits 2 screens away without faster proj, Freeze Pulse has legit range with faster proj, etc. Even on spectres, you go projectile spectres, go GMP and hit the entire screen.

It's "projectiles or delete your character" meta. And it's bullshit.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 17, 2017, 5:53:09 AM
The only problem I still have with AoE is the ability to get melee characters into range to make it happen.

Once they improved baseline melee mobility it will be fine.
Nerf projectile speed by a lot and it´s ok.
Had a blast with my first Cyclone (Ngamahu) character this Turmoil, it only picks up 1 AoE node and it felt perfectly fine.

Played a blade vortex character last Mayhem also, AoE seemed fine.

I admit it's not the same as when we could cover the entire screen back in the days with EQ... but honestly, that was pretty silly.

To be fair, I do agree that some melee skills need some AOE love. It's pretty much why i've played projectile builds last several leagues (ST, FB, etc.)
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Vortex love pleaseee.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Still pretty upset EQ got absolutely destroyed.

Went from being a viable option to Sunder, to basically "does that skillgem still exist?".

Ah well, another League of Sunder supremacy...
"
and if projectiles hit the whole screen wouldn't that count as aoe to begin with?

Counts as bullshit if you ask me.

"EQ hit half the screen,NERF AOE". Projectiles kill 3 screens away? that's fine.

I mean WTF was the logic used here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info