The weirdness of PoE Supporter Packs

"
Marthuk wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:
It's generally described by the term "addiction". Online games business model revolves about that.

Geez, no need to get so serious....if i couldnt afford it reasonably, i would never buy it...just wanted to make a comment on how much i like PoE and its content...now im sad

Oh man, thanks for the lol-irl. I had people looking at me in my office.

I'm divorced, I buy what I want!

I'm having a hard time justifying $160 for a portal though.
"
HollandRoden wrote:
Tell your wife that it is a token of appreciation for feeding a entire village in Africa. So she wont get mad. (please don't do this)

thanks. i will try it on my wife :)
I need more purple titles
I'm terrible about not spending money. I've just given up. I buy the pack right off the bat without consideration just to get it over with. I've spent too many times deliberating and still ultimately pulling the trigger.

I'm a junkie, it's true.
"
magicstop wrote:
I'm a junkie, it's true.

Next time, we should get a supporter title 'User'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
the 160 pack with green portal looks pretty cool. the armor also look wearable. The 240 pack is even better, but 480 pack is a little over the top imho but sure many people want it nevertheless.

better to convert cost into time spent, like most people here do. at 50/hr it takes just 3 hours to get the pack, and get it all while playing the game lol.
"
Marthuk wrote:
So...how does it make any sense that im arguing myself out of buying whole games (AC : Origins,ME : Shadow of War and more) because they're "too expensive", yet when GGG releases new supporter packs i'm like "I'll get the 160$ Pack first and then i gotta figure out how to buy the 480$ pack without my wife noticing" without further consideration? Every time ...

I'm exactly the same way >.>

Usually go straight for the $100-ish USD then try to make excuses to go up <.<
r/mtics_anonymous
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I have already supported this game more than I should, but its a very, very good game so at least when I spend thousands of hours on it I can look pretty.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
I really want to buy the Dominator supporter pack soooo badly! I will hopefully have it before January 11th! :)
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
https://steamcommunity.com/id/MickeyDankMouse/
-MickeyDankMouse™-
I spend money on this game for one solid reason, they have only let me down once when I was being petty. To me that means they have never let me down. I don't always agree with their decisions, sometimes those nerfs cut deep, but ARPGS are my thing.

Diablo 1 was the first computer game I ever played. I still remember my grandmas dark basement with Aladdin or Hercules from Toon Disney in the back ground (I think I was 10). I'm from a small town in the middle of nowhere. I was into dungeons and dragons from a young age so the ARPGS with their vagueness and their openness to interpretation really tickled me. I would make back stories for my charecter and write them on notebook paper.(yes I realized much later that these game were just hack and slash I was 10 it was fun). I remember how hyped up I was for Diablo 2 it came out when I was like 12 and I played Diablo 2 from then on, and I still do to this day. I learned about the Blizzard North Devs, how the guy who dreamed up Diablo was fresh out of high school, these guys were my heroes through high school. To some extent they still are.

I played Diablo 2 through a pretty rough time of my life. My mom died when I was 15 about three years after the game came out I think LoD was out as well but I didn't get it till I moved to live with my aunt and uncle. I made a friend at school who also played Diablo 2, but he played online, I had never done that. I LANed with friends back home but never more then that. After meeting my friend in high school I learned how to play ARPGS for what they are, numbers games. We used to stay up till one or two hours before school doing BAAL runs. we were both in all the computer classes, and in small midwest towns like where I'm from that means we had access to things that most students just don't. There was a back room behind the computer teachers room, he would let me and a few other students play whatever games we could get running back there on old or "broken" school computers. These were my "wonder years."

I have tried many ARPGs, Titan Quest, Torchlight, Darkstone, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Adventures of Van Helsing and on and on. No ARPG has ever been as good as PoE. When Diablo 3 came out me and my friends were sitting around a kitchen table talking about how bad it was, I threw out there, what if an ARPG has a system where items dropped that effected other items. Everyone kinda blew it off, but later when I learned about PoE I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe that someone had been working on exactly what I wanted and thought would be fun. It was like...knowing there are some kindred spirits out there. I learned about this game from.....get ready for it....Kripp. Yeah....not proud of that one. Either way from the first time I saw footage of the game I was hooked. I was very sour about Diablo 3, I felt betrayed by Blizzard. I have not bought a Blizzard product since (easy because I watched WoW sink into the tombs as well). I was very buy shy in the beginning, cause I was waiting for the announcement that GGG has gone bankrupt and wont be supporting PoE anymore. But over the years, I have put a lot of time and money into the game. I tried to get my friends into the game; only the friend from high school still plays, although not regularly.

PoE is my perfect ARPG, sometimes I wreck face with my UBER build and I'm just tearing through Maps, then my UBER build makes me cocky so I face tank a triple smash and I get wreckt. Sometimes I'm trying to 6 link an item and I waste many thousands of fuzes (I don't think I have ever 6 linked an item in all these years, I'm that guy). I like the thrill, the danger, the chance. Thats what an arpg is, the loot-splosion, the feeling of accomplishment when things go just right that one time in that one map, the failure, the realizing you just left a mjolnir in the map and you just exited the last portal, the bad builds, the cheesy pvp....its all there.

The OG staff of GGG are people I count among my heroes now (not that the new people aren't bringing greatness too just I bet the OG's had a rough go), for making this game from nothing with only their will and ambition. I hope that one day my hobby game development can lead me to such great heights. I support them, because I know if I made a game as good as theirs that they would support me.

TLDR: I played ARPGS my whole life and they mean a lot to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info